Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
but after April there is still going to be a difference between fully flexible economy and business class on domestics which could result in an increase of between £70,000 and £200,000 in expenses for the total number of Scottish MPs depending which airports they use

I know that its policy for them to book fully flexible tickets --which I understand--but after April fully flexible and changeable can be booked for less than a business class seat

As the SNP hold almost all of the MP seats in Scotland I have sent a question to them to see if they can clarify what their position will be

IF I get a response I will update here
What happens when MPs fly around Europe? Are they in CE or in ET?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Not sure about MPs, but have seen more than a couple of MEPs ensconced in CE on the BRU route. Certainly helps to reinforce my preconception that pretty much everything to do with the EU involves an overspend of about 50%.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
MEPs can fly business class. MPs are not allowed to fly business unless the J ticket is cheaper. With regards to fully flex, Scottish MPs will no longer be able to fly in domestic J once it's no longer an economy ticket.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Do we know what the Catering on these flights will be yet? Equivalent to JER?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dansound
Called You First to get the LHR > EDI changed to U. No luck on phone
Called again day after, they called me back, i missed the call, left no message and never called back.
Called the travel manager for the large organisation i work for, to see if they could help. Called back after 5min and it is now U and the 4 adults traveling are all in row 2.

result.

Danny
Lucky you, I have just been quoted £168 to upgrade to business on LHR-GLA off the back of a J flight from JNB. I don't think so ...
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:52 am

why does long haul J not automatically book into connecting domestic 'business' ?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gw76
why does long haul J not automatically book into connecting domestic 'business' ?
In what scenario?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:01 am

Sorry I didnt quote, but the scenario above connecting from South Africa.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:03 am

Cash? reward? Same day?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Cash? reward? Same day?
Reward booking. All flights from JNB are overnight
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by melanddave
Reward booking. All flights from JNB are overnight
Ah an existing booking. Because there was no "business reward" previously on domestic flights. Sometimes they booked in X and sometimes in U. BA have now decided that after 1 April for existing bookings X will be reclassed as ET and U as CE.

If this is a same day connection you would get access to the GC lounges at T5 anyway by virtue of your inbound J long haul bp (although I notice you are silver so get access anyway).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:20 am

Thanks, sorry just clicked that you were asking about the other post.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by bingobob777
GLA-LHR-GLA pricing up quite readily at £220 return in CE for 80 tier points vs £135 for 10 tier points on Plus ticket

Interesting
Advantage of the Plus ticket is that you can change on the day to any other flight on the same route that has a seat available for no charge.

With the CE fare, a change on the day costs a £100 change fee plus the fare difference which could well be around an additional £200 per flight if only seats in selling class D are available.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah an existing booking. Because there was no "business reward" previously on domestic flights. Sometimes they booked in X and sometimes in U. BA have now decided that after 1 April for existing bookings X will be reclassed as ET and U as CE.

If this is a same day connection you would get access to the GC lounges at T5 anyway by virtue of your inbound J long haul bp (although I notice you are silver so get access anyway).
Lounge access is not the issue. Non business domestic flight is tho'
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Do we know what the Catering on these flights will be yet? Equivalent to JER?
Other than LBA and maybe MAN it is the same as Band 1. GLA and EDI are longer flights than CDG or AMS, and CE catering is rumored to be being "upgraded" or "relaunched" in early April

Last edited by scottishpoet; Mar 18, 2017 at 4:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.