Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 31, 17, 6:50 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 29, 16, 9:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
It'll be interesting to see the fares, especially for itineraries like ZRH/BSL/GVA-LHR-EDI/MAN/GLA etc.!
Old Dec 29, 16, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by florens View Post
It'll be interesting to see the fares, especially for itineraries like ZRH/BSL/GVA-LHR-EDI/MAN/GLA etc.!
I would guess it would not be much different to now, except with the occasional domestic I class bargain. But you may find that CE books into Y in domestic.
Old Dec 29, 16, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by florens View Post
I am interested also, particularly where LX do not have routes. For example, I would never use BA from ZRH/BSL-MAN as LX are here. For GLA (my original base) and ZRH (current base), I have little option to use BA, however KL is present just not at such good frequencies.
Old Dec 29, 16, 9:54 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
I would guess it would not be much different to now, except with the occasional domestic I class bargain. But you may find that CE books into Y in domestic.

So 5/10 TPs on a Domestic connection rather than 20? That's annoying.
Old Dec 29, 16, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Worcester View Post
So 5/10 TPs on a Domestic connection rather than 20? That's annoying.
I am only guessing. On second thoughts perhaps BA would just add another 10 to the domestic add on price calculation. However it seems to me that if BA thought they could charge that they already would.
Old Dec 29, 16, 10:26 am

I am only guessing. On second thoughts perhaps BA would just add another 10 to the domestic add on price calculation. However it seems to me that if BA thought they could charge that they already would.
As I recall your guesses tend to err on the side of accuracy. Still with Cruz at the yoke may be best to have low expectations.
Old Dec 29, 16, 10:30 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Will there be a higher ADP for CE on domestic sectors?
Old Dec 29, 16, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Skipcool3 View Post
Will there be a higher ADP for CE on domestic sectors?

According to my reading of the rules there should be, which will add 13 onto the price of a flight, apart from the very northern Scottish ones like INV & ABZ.

Of course if you are connecting then the APD won't be any different from what you already pay, and I assume most of the PAX on domestics are connecting.
Old Dec 29, 16, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
According to my reading of the rules there should be, which will add 13 onto the price of a flight, apart from the very northern Scottish ones like INV & ABZ.

Of course if you are connecting then the APD won't be any different from what you already pay, and I assume most of the PAX on domestics are connecting.
That was definitely the case when BMI had a proper separate business class cabin on UK Domestic routes.
Old Dec 29, 16, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Do we think the MAN-BRE flights will also go to 2 tier?
Old Dec 29, 16, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by navylad View Post
Do we think the MAN-BRE flights will also go to 2 tier?
Don't know for sure but this is run by Sun Air as a franchise and as such is not part of Cruz's writ. They run their own business and make their own decisions, if they have not offered a Club Europe yet I doubt this will change things.
Old Dec 29, 16, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Don't know for sure but this is run by Sun Air as a franchise and as such is not part of Cruz's writ. They run their own business and make their own decisions, if they have not offered a Club Europe yet I doubt this will change things.
Thanks, I doubt it too, just hoping from the TP perspective, oh well, can still do J on Iberia Express for a quick getaway somewhere hot. (or at least hotter at this time of year)
Old Dec 29, 16, 4:19 pm

I would guess that anyone booked into the J or U fare class now will be in Club Europe when it exists.
My F redemption for mid-August books into a CE config on GLA-LHR .... as a silver, furthest forward is a pair in row 8 with the config alternating singles and pairs each row from row 1-8.

Interesting that a pre-existing return in J redemption (U ?) still sows as three abreast in row 6 .... all very confusing
Old Dec 29, 16, 4:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by aahch View Post
My F redemption for mid-August books into a CE config on GLA-LHR .... as a silver, furthest forward is a pair in row 8 with the config alternating singles and pairs each row from row 1-8.

Interesting that a pre-existing return in J redemption (U ?) still sows as three abreast in row 6 .... all very confusing

In in that case, this is the reason:

... Just to be sure you aren't looked at the midhaul A321 sometimes scheduled on this route ...?
Old Dec 29, 16, 4:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aahch View Post

See a similar answer in post 132 above, it may be you currently have the A321 midhaul aircraft and as a Silver you aren't getting further forward at the moment. The aircraft could well change before then anyway, if the service fills up it's not the most efficient aircraft for this service.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: