Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Joeykins
Configurations (with links to AeroLOPA seatmaps, where available):

777-200ER
32J 48W 252Y (code 77S)
32J 52W 252Y (code 77T)
14F 48J 40W 134Y (code 77R)
48J 40W 184Y (New Club Suite) (code 77L)
8F 49J 40W 138Y (New Club Suite) (code 77M)

777-300ER
8F 76J 40W 130Y (New Club Suite) (code 77H)

Updated 777 aircraft now in service:

LGW Based Aircraft:
Completed (re-entry to service date):
G-VIIX - 08 March 2018
G-VIIR - 20 April 2018
G-VIIO - 23 May 2018
G-VIIP - 25 June 2018
G-VIIT - 07 October 2018
G-VIIU - 07 November 2018

G-VIIV - 25 January 2019 (currently operating from LHR)
G-VIIW - 02 April 2019 (currently operating from LHR)
G-YMMC - 15 May 2019
G-VIIY - 04 June 2019
(currently operating from LHR)
G-YMMF - 03 October 2019
G-YMMD - 01 November 2019
G-YMMB - 20 November 2019
G-YMME - 14 December 2019
G-YMMA - 14 July 2022

LHR Based Aircraft:
Completed (re-entry to service date):
G-RAES - 08 October 2019
G-VIIL - 31 January 2020
G-VIIK - 02 March 2020
G-VIIM - 20 March 2020
G-VIIN - 14 April 2020
G-VIIB - 25 April 2020
G-VIIF - 15 June 2020
G-VIIS - 12 July 2020
G-VIIC - 08 September 2020
G-STBM - 01 October 2020*
G-STBN - 05 October 2020*

G-YMMI - 08 October 2020
G-VIIG - 28 October 2020
G-STBO - 06 January 2021*
G-STBP - 08 January 2021*

G-VIID - 28 February 2021
G-YMMN - 04 March 2021
G-YMMO - 21 April 2021

G-VIIE - 29 April 2021

G-STBD - 20 July 2021
G-YMMP - 23 July 2021
G-VIIH - 16 August 2021
G-YMMJ - 03 September 2021
G-YMMH - 05 October 2021

G-VIIJ - 29 October 2021
G-VIIA - 14 December 2021

G-YMMG - 07 January 2022
G-YMML - 31 January 2022
G-YMMK - 24 February 2022
G-STBH - 31 March 2022
G-YMMT - 24 May 2022
G-STBG - 14 June 2022
G-STBK - 21 August 2022

G-STBL - 09 October 2022
G-STBJ - 27 November 2022

G-YMMS - 22 February 2023
G-YMMR - 31 March 2023

G-YMMU - 04 May 2023
G-STBA - 24 June 2023
G-STBE - 22 September 2023
G-STBF - 12 December 2023

In Progress at CWL:

<none>

Planned:
G-STBB - TBC (originally planned for March 2021)
G-STBC - TBC (originally planned for July 2021)
G-STBI - TBC
G-VIIV - TBC
G-VIIW - TBC
G-VIIY - TBC

*G-STBM/N/O/P were delivered new with cabins installed; date reflects entry into service rather than re-entry into service
Print Wikipost

LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Agreed. I only used that one to show the J cabin. But that one shows 3-3-3 in Y whereas the EF map for my flight shows it 3-4-3 in Y. I used to like the old 3 class 772 as 4A was a good seat but this new 5A with a missing window ruins that. I'm hoping this isn't the new norm on LHR-YYZ but with the removal of F I can see it being so.
are you saying F is completely being removed from YYZ ??? I’ve been looking for F reward seats for next fall and NOTHING is showing up yet on most flights it is being sold Nearly all if not all are 777
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor

are you saying F is completely being removed from YYZ ??? I’ve been looking for F reward seats for next fall and NOTHING is showing up yet on most flights it is being sold Nearly all if not all are 777
It has been removed for this winter (so they can sub in 788s or 3 class 777s for the ongoing Trent 1000 engine issues I presume), I hadn't heard that it had been removed for good.

There is never any guarantee of F seats being released for rewards as far as I know (just CW, WT) so the absence of them could just mean they have chosen not to release any (yet)
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Not sure if it’s been mentioned here but I believe 4K is being used as a crew rest/pilot rest area as I was booted out of this seat a few months ago without warning and flew back from MCO a few days ago and shortly after take off the third pilot used this seat.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by GTR56
Not sure if it’s been mentioned here but I believe 4K is being used as a crew rest/pilot rest area as I was booted out of this seat a few months ago without warning and flew back from MCO a few days ago and shortly after take off the third pilot used this seat.

Whilst I've heard of this seat being used, fairly widely, as crew rest did you book the seat? If so then to turf a paying pax out of their seat is, imho, appalling! There's not one of us who'd argue FD & CC need their rest but if I got turfed out of a booked seat for crew rest then i'd want, and wouldn't stop until I got at least a 50% refund. I dont want my Captain, 1st Officer or any of the crew to be falling asleep for quite obvious reasons and I wouldn't hold them accountable per say but if I was allowed to reserve that seat & was then told I need to move on a day flight let alone a red eye/ overnight then BA have a lot to answer for for allowing the seat to be booked in the 1st place. With the exception of every single seat in the cabin being taken up at which point my support of hard working crew might lower that to say 35% of full published rate on day of flight i'd find being told to move to accommodate crew beyond reproach. Keep the seat empty so it can be used for crew 100% but don't sell it and then turf out a paying pax. Status isn't even a thing in that case. You simply keep it free for much needed crew rest OR crew use elsewhere in the cabin OR you dont sell the damn seat.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Keep the seat empty so it can be used for crew 100% but don't sell it and then turf out a paying pax. Status isn't even a thing in that case. You simply keep it free for much needed crew rest OR crew use elsewhere in the cabin OR you dont sell the damn seat.
That is usually what happens: 4K is blocked for crew rest and can't be selected in the first place. If you look into the seat plans for MCO-LGW for the next few months, it's already there. It wasn't perhaps clear in the previous post, but I think s/he was removed from 4K some weeks before departure. What I guess happened is that the previous set-up had 5K blocked for crew rest, the aircraft was then changed to the new layout, the block was moved to 4K and GTR56 found their reservation impacted.

But generally speaking there is a crew rest seat somewhere on longer services - it's 3K on 787-8, 7K on 787-9, so it's worth watching out for that. Sometimes crew will release the seat, particularly if the aircraft has other seating options available (e.g. an empty seat in First).
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
This is pretty much what happened. I booked 11 months out and the seat maps have been moving about quite a bit with the new and old LGW 777 configs serving both daily flights to MCO at the moment.

I had had no issue with the crew sitting there as it’s needed for them.

Just cleared up why why I lost 4K.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A question regarding the information in the wiki.

G-VIIV, W, Y and L are shown as 'coming up' and all are currently 4-class. V and L look like they are going to be converted to 3-class, whilst W and Y are staying as 4-class. Is this correct?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Don't trust the seat map...

We're travelling to Cancun next year on BA2203/BA2202. Following making the booking we paid to choose our seats which is where the issue now lies.
Outbound (BA2203) we were presented with a 40W (Rows 10-14) configuration and, having no status, we chose 11A and 11B whereas inbound (BA2202) was 24W (rows 12-14). We ended up choosing 13A and 13B (even though my wife considered it might be "unlucky") as I wasn't sure if in Row 14 they would end up being non-reclinable.

All of this background is largely irrelevant as I can tell from this thread and from checking thebasource.com that in fact all of the planes in use on that route for the last few weeks on LGW-CUN have already been re-furbished and so we'll almost certainly end up in a WTP zone with 52W.

So.... Not quite sure what to do as although I'm happy with the second row in WTP, we're expecting at some point to no longer be in that position once the online seat map reflects reality - particularly inbound. Is it worth giving BA a ring or do I just wait and until magically the seat map becomes correct (I'm checking it pretty much daily)? Is there some sort of Expert Flyer alert I can set up that would help? Incidentally, I had checked CW on Expert Flyer and IIRC that's already showing 32J outbound as per the expected changes.

On a side note.... many thanks for the massive amount of fantastic information here - I would have remained in total ignorance of things like thebasource.com, Expert Flyer, Flight Radar 24 if not for this site.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, no2blues!
Originally Posted by no2blues
All of this background is largely irrelevant as I can tell from this thread and from checking thebasource.com that in fact all of the planes in use on that route for the last few weeks on LGW-CUN have already been re-furbished and so we'll almost certainly end up in a WTP zone with 52W.

So.... Not quite sure what to do as although I'm happy with the second row in WTP, we're expecting at some point to no longer be in that position once the online seat map reflects reality - particularly inbound. Is it worth giving BA a ring or do I just wait and until magically the seat map becomes correct (I'm checking it pretty much daily)? Is there some sort of Expert Flyer alert I can set up that would help? Incidentally, I had checked CW on Expert Flyer and IIRC that's already showing 32J outbound as per the expected changes.
If EF shows you the same seat map that you can see on ba.com, I think there's almost certainly nothing that the call centre can do because they will see the same seat map. It is already "correct" in the sense that it reflects the current planned/loaded configuration for your flight - and however certain you can be that it will change, neither EF nor ba.com nor the call centre will see the change until it happens.

You can, however, set up an EF aircraft change alert (via the seat map) which will tell you whenever the configuration of the aircraft changes. That would seem to be what you're looking for for this purpose.

FWIW, all WT+ seats have fully recline, even in the last row of the WT+ cabin.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
As @Globaliser said. It's worth noting that BA never sent us notification about the airplane being changed from 4 to a 3 class even with booked seats like yourself so you shouldn't rely on them to do so this time around either( although obviously it would be nice if they did) so an EF alert or checking daily yourself is the way to go.

We had the rear pair in ET which became a triple on the new config which we wouldn't of been happy to turn up and find although we moved to J both ways in the end but BA's approach was that there was a press release about it that one time so everyone should know surely?! As Cancun was one of those destinations earmarked for the 1st tranche of reconfigs i'd be very surprised if you got anything other than the 52W both ways. You should pick up a fairly decent amount of TP's for the flight so hopefully you'll be a decent chunk towards Bronze for next time.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can, however, set up an EF aircraft change alert (via the seat map) which will tell you whenever the configuration of the aircraft changes. That would seem to be what you're looking for for this purpose.
As @Globaliser said. It's worth noting that BA never sent us notification about the airplane being changed from 4 to a 3 class even with booked seats like yourself so you shouldn't rely on them to do so this time around either( although obviously it would be nice if they did) so an EF alert or checking daily yourself is the way to go.
Thanks, guys. I'll take a look at setting up an alert.

You should pick up a fairly decent amount of TP's for the flight so hopefully you'll be a decent chunk towards Bronze for next time.
That together with the CE flight to Gran Canaria we have in a couple of weeks should take us both to 340 TP if I've got it right.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
G-VIIU on her way back from SIN now as BA9178! Looks like G-VIIV is next but not till Jan? Also seems she'll lose her First Class as part of the refresh.

Last edited by IslingtonFlyer; Nov 7, 2018 at 2:40 am
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
I believe there are a few errors in the Wiki. The LGW fleet size is (was?) 11, not 18.
Is IIL and AES going to be converted as they had cabin refits in 2012? If they going to take 2 4 class out of the LHR fleet, move them to LGW after a refit, it would be the old cabin RR ones, as BA these days are *couch* tight *cough* with spending money, unless proper crew rest area is the key reason.

As a side note IIU/V/W/X/Y used to be LHR fleet but were swapped with IIA/B/F in 2012 which then had cabin refits with the rest of the LHR based 4 class GE90 77E's
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by TedToToe
A question regarding the information in the wiki.

G-VIIV, W, Y and L are shown as 'coming up' and all are currently 4-class. V and L look like they are going to be converted to 3-class, whilst W and Y are staying as 4-class. Is this correct?
G-VIIV, W & Y are set to remain 4 class however will be reconfigured with 3-4-3 WT cabin. The configuration will change from the current 226 seat configuration of 14F/48J/40W/124Y to a 238 seat configuration 14F/48J/40W/136Y
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
So, I've set up an Aircraft Change Alert just for the outbound at the moment.... but the Expert Flyer helps says the following:

"The Aircraft Change Alert form allows you to create an Aircraft Change Alert for a particular flight. An Aircraft Change Alert will periodically check the aircraft equipment code returned with the seat map of a flight to see if it has changed since the alert was created. If so, ExpertFlyer will notify you as to what the new aircraft equipment code is."

As the current aircraft is a 777 (with an incorrect seatmap) and will remain a 777 when the WTP section gets corrected (WT and CW are both correct), will the Aircraft Equipment Code change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.