Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG Capital Markets Day 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by BA6948
Completely wrong. There is a huge group that have to travel in Economy due to Corporate Policies who book at short notice and without a Saturday night stay. That's my case. My flights from Paris to South Africa via London cost averagely Ł1500 and it is in Economy. With the BoB now and deteriorating customer service, I am going to reduce my BA travel and I am happy to downgrade to Silver (I am Gold and it is all done with Economy Travel). I am happily going to increase my Air France flying as they are now better in all aspects: Better food, no BoB and you can double upgrade from Economy to Business using your Miles if you have the highest Economy Fare Buckets which I usually do have...

Enough of this miserable stingy BA which was my favorite airline.
Is it really a huge group though?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Quite right, but I find this hilarious. If someone can PM a link to it (must be on twitter by now!) i'd love to see it
Hopefully this is acceptable to the mods. If not, I can further enhance the 'rude word'

Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Was there anything on a new club seat for the A350's?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Seems that way, in terms of 'Traveller' cabins they talk about 'Seat density/unbundling drive price competitiveness' - unbundling is the worrying word there.

However, they plan to differentiate with 'brand, network, loyalty, service, reliability'
Well, to be fair to BA they've done super work at unbundling passenger loyalty of late.

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Joely
C-suite aside, many big multinationals have a Y only or at least a very long flight time threshhold before anything other than Y kicks in, IBM and Cisco for example. I work for a large NYSE listed multinational. Everyone (except for 6 or so senior VPs) is Y for under 10 hrs. I don't think a Y policy is uncommon among industrial companies.

Just last month our procurement group cut a corporate deal with EK and did not renew the BA deal for eastbound travel as everyone was complaining about BA.

Last edited by MarkLHR; Nov 4, 2016 at 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Gold Digger
Thanks for the clarification NWIFlyer. I noticed that the picture had been removed which made me think, perhaps mischeviously, that we were brow-beaten by IAG into removing the image

But the incriminating word in the slide did have a plane replacing one of the letters. Isn't that the same as those posts that we've all seen that include naughty words with a letter/some letters replaced with (an) asterisk(s)??

GD
Can we get the link to the file (not the image)? I want to keep it for prosperity (and cause some trouble with it)
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Joely
Oh yes. In Telecoms, it is Economy only policy where ever you go. And a lot of people are traveling on those expensive Y fares and in longhaul.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:15 am

From the transcript by Reuters:
Willie Walsh:
So I come back to what this is all about. Somebody asked me during the break there you know did I really give a speech around show me the money in a tapas bar in Madrid. And I have to say I was insulted because those of you that know me if you can picture me in the tapas bar with a glass of wine in my hand, I didn't say show me the money. I said show me the (expletive) money. Silvia stand up. Shout it out. Shout it out with pride. Come on.

Silvia Cairo Jordan - International Airlines Group - Head of Group Commercial Planning and Policy: Show me the (expletive) money.

Willie Walsh - International Airlines Group - Group CEO:
All right. I'll bring you back to show me the (expletive) money. And we make no apologies for it. You know because we're in a new industry. And
you've heard me talk about this. You've heard me talk about the airline industry being different.....

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...40650671533945
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, EI Aer Club, LifeMiles
Originally Posted by Gold Digger
Unbelievably, you are absolutely right - look at what appears on page 5 of the PDF of the slide pack which is available for download from the webcast

That is someone in the Investor Relations team with a wicked sense of humour...

GD
They're using the f-word and it's on page 5 of the slides:

http://i.media-server.com/version/14...tcwm_193504248

I'm all for the corporate world becoming less formal and evolving, but this is ridiculous. It's like they're actually saying this to their customers. As in you'll get a worse product yet we still expect you to pay the same for it. So give us more and we'll give you less.

Show me the money and I'll show you a greedy smile.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by muscat
Willie Walsh:
So I come back to what this is all about. Somebody asked me during the break there you know did I really give a speech around show me the money in a tapas bar in Madrid. And I have to say I was insulted because those of you that know me if you can picture me in the tapas bar with a glass of wine in my hand, I didn't say show me the money. I said show me the (expletive) money. Silvia stand up. Shout it out. Shout it out with pride. Come on.

Silvia Cairo Jordan - International Airlines Group - Head of Group Commercial Planning and Policy: Show me the (expletive) money.

All right. I'll bring you back to show me the (expletive) money. And we make no apologies for it. You know because we're in a new industry. And
you've heard me talk about this. You've heard me talk about the airline industry being different.....

He's all class.....
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muscat
Willie Walsh:

This is most unprofessional. They are supposed to be running an airline, not a playground.

Edit: Is this from last year or is the date on the transcript wrong?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Judging by the spacing either side of the plane graphic there is space for two letters. With the potential increase in oil prices I suggest the phrase is "show me the fracking money".
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:21 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BA6948
Oh yes. In Telecoms, it is Economy only policy where ever you go. And a lot of people are traveling on those expensive Y fares and in longhaul.
Yes, it may come as a shock to many on FT, but there is actually a cabin behind WTP!

My employer has a Y-only policy except in very extreme circumstances, and then only with VP permission. It's been this way for in excess of 20 years. The exception would only be invoked, I would guess, if the Health & Safety of the employee would be compromised - perhaps because of a known health problem, or one that might develop through significant amounts of long-haul travel within a short period. We are not exactly a small concern, either ...

My inclination is to say that this is fairly typical - I'd say the majority of UK and US companies would now operate on this basis, and most of those will not have a contract with BA to obtain preferential pricing, and therefore BA has no effective way of stopping them going elsewhere. Detrimental changes to comfort on long-haul are most definitely going to be noticed, so it's a dangerous game to be playing. I'm sure employees with any degree of choice will begin to assess their options going forward.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by The Lion
They're using the f-word and it's on page 5 of the slides:

http://i.media-server.com/version/14...tcwm_193504248

I'm all for the corporate world becoming less formal and evolving, but this is ridiculous. It's like they're actually saying this to their customers. As in you'll get a worse product yet we still expect you to pay the same for it. So give us more and we'll give you less.

Show me the money and I'll show you a greedy smile.
Hard to believe really. Surely a hacked-off member of staff slid this into the presentation?

OK - I've just read the transcript above. Absolutely staggering and really, really pathetic
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Don't know how different AA is to BA with regards to business travel policies, but there are quite a few people in suits / have that businessman look travelling in the back.
OK, might be a seats available thing or out if their own pockets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.