Wiki Posts
Search

BA WTP or AI J

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Question BA WTP or AI J

Any of you got opinions on BA WT+ versus AI J (on 787)?

I found a few reviews but they're pretty old.

Thought it worth asking the BA regulars to here your side of the experience.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I would struggle to see how any business class, no matter how old, could be worse than BA premium economy.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 6:43 am

AI J, no contest. It's quite a good product on the 787.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: Meh
Odd question. Their J product is fine.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Unless you need the Tier Points from BA, I'd take pretty much any business class product over WTP. WTP is nice and a big step up from economy, but most business class now offers a flat bed (or at least angled lie flat) which is a whole world apart.

Only issue with AI would potentially be operational reliability. Not sure how they are now, but the AI LHR-JFK leg used to sell extremely cheap fares but was well-known for lengthy delays and cancellations. If you care what time you get there, BA might just be safer...
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Depends if you want to fly on an airline with licenced pilots from a country with a reputable aviation oversight, or an airline from a country with an extremely poor aviation oversight reputation (rightly so) where the pilots licences may well have expired years ago, or even just been bought from the internet!

Ever since I had an Air India with a suspected cargo bay fire fly an hour away to an airport the company wanted them to go to rather than get it on the group ASAP, they are on my no fly list.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:52 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Virazuno
AI J, no contest. It's quite a good product on the 787.
+1. Flat bed in AI J versus the WT+ seat is no contest whatsoever.

Plus miles flown on AI can now be credited on all Star alliance carrier FFP's as well.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:54 am

AI is consistently the cheapest non-sale J (and economy) for LHR-EWR. Also on the 787. I'm surprised more FTers haven't picked up on this.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Depends on the cost differential really.

Personally I'd bite the bullet and go BA unless AI J was quite a bit cheaper. Anecdotally, AI are worse than useless when it comes to IRROPS so you can easily be stuck for days when things go wrong.

We do a lot of business in India and I don't know anyone in India who will touch AI - they are fine with Jet and the ME3 (usually EK) but AI is considered too unreliable - their words not mine.

Our own travel policy wouldn't allow it and they don't even show up on our TA quotes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.