About to become GGL FL

Old Oct 30, 16, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
About to become GGL FL

At 99,785 LTP, have an F class flight to Houston on 19 Nov so that wil take me over. Does my account reset, any great advice?! Many thanks as usual ... 1K
Old Oct 30, 16, 11:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Early congratulations. Unlike with (say) the Hilton equivalent, there isn't much fanfare, your My Executive Club area will discreetly mention the GGLfL, and you'll get an email from that nice Mr Hillier. Plus your CIV goes to at least 100. But that is pretty much it. There's nothing on the App, and the membership year dates all continues (for GUFs etc). Note that if you don't do any Avios transactions, then they can expire in the usual way, and you can theoretically be regarded as having a dead account through lack of transactions, but hopefully you are some way off that.
Old Oct 30, 16, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Congratulations! A truly impressive milestone!
Old Oct 30, 16, 11:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Seat 1K View Post
At 99,785 LTP, have an F class flight to Houston on 19 Nov so that wil take me over. Does my account reset, any great advice?! Many thanks as usual ... 1K
Congratulations, however - you will have to wait a little time longer than your F trip to IAH - you will be 5 TPs short!

OUCH!!
Old Oct 30, 16, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Presumably you have a flight before your Houston, otherwise you're set to land on 99,995!

EDIT - Tobias-UK beat me to it!
Old Oct 30, 16, 11:50 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Congratulations in advance.

I was delighted to have GfL but do not think that GGLfL is likely.
Old Oct 30, 16, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, IHG Spire, former black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Congrats.

I am hoping to follow in your footsteps at some point......
Old Oct 30, 16, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Early Congratulations ... what an amazing achievement... I would have hoped for one of those George Clooney moments for you when the captain comes down from the flight deck and presents you with a very special card and the whole (premium cabin) cheers!

Incidently (C-W-S?) does anyone have an idea how many GGLFL are there out there?

enjoy your moment when it happens!
Old Oct 30, 16, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Early congratulations. Unlike with (say) the Hilton equivalent, there isn't much fanfare, your My Executive Club area will discreetly mention the GGLfL, and you'll get an email from that nice Mr Hillier. Plus your CIV goes to at least 100. But that is pretty much it. There's nothing on the App, and the membership year dates all continues (for GUFs etc). Note that if you don't do any Avios transactions, then they can expire in the usual way, and you can theoretically be regarded as having a dead account through lack of transactions, but hopefully you are some way off that.
I thought the max CIV is 100?
Old Oct 30, 16, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lolbert View Post
and that 100 was only for Prems?

Well done, OP - that's a hell of a lot of flying around.
Old Oct 30, 16, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Lolbert View Post
The maximum CIV is now 105.
Old Oct 30, 16, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
The maximum CIV is now 105.
Thanks, interesting. I am way behind the times
Old Oct 30, 16, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
This was posted by Filthy Monkey in June this year re CIV numbers.

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
Stealing from other threads, and adding some personal knowledge, I believe it looks something like this -

0-4 Customers known to BA who are not BAEC members
5-11 Blue members
12-25 Bronze members
26-51 Silver members
52-96 Gold members
97 - Gold Guest List members
98 - Key decision makers within a company that spends a lot with BA
99 - GGL members who are also key decision makers
100 - GGL for life members
105 - Premier card holders

Some data points -
  • Mine is 97, so I can confirm that is a standard GGL score;
  • My CEO's, as a premier, is 105, so that's also confirmed;
  • I haven't met anyone who's 98 or 99, so unsure of the specific criteria of a 'key decision make';
  • I know a couple of GGLFL members and confirmed with one that her CIV is 100.

It's worth noting, though, that CIVs are a bit like willies and wages; a lot of people feel the need to exaggerate the size of their own, so don't get too hung up on it
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26765126-post11.html
Old Oct 30, 16, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post

Unlike with (say) the Hilton equivalent, there isn't much fanfare
cws - if you're referring to HHonors Lifetime Diamond (unless there is a higher level that I'm unaware of) there is no fanfare at all; just a gift of a pair of headphones, a cool HHonors metal Lifetime Diamond card, and either a gift voucher or some HHonors points (in my case, 75,000).
Old Oct 30, 16, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
cws - if you're referring to HHonors Lifetime Diamond (unless there is a higher level that I'm unaware of) there is no fanfare at all; just a pair of headphones, a cool HHonors metal Lifetime Diamond card, and either a gift voucher or some HHonors points (in my case, 75,000).
Which rather proves my point!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: