FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   IHG offer - 6000 bonus Avios (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1795976-ihg-offer-6000-bonus-avios.html)

Swiss Tony Oct 12, 2016 5:14 am

IHG offer - 6000 bonus Avios

Just got an e-mail in from BAEC.

Book & stay at an IHG property between now and mid-December and you get 6k Avios. You have to select BAEC as your earnings preference, but I guess you can always flip in back afterwards.

Got to be some mattress run potential here. HIEX in Litchfield on a Sunday night for £36, anyone?

Ldnn1 Oct 12, 2016 5:17 am

Nice. Does it look like it's targeted? I haven't received anything as yet.

Swiss Tony Oct 12, 2016 5:21 am

No, it's listed on the BAEC offers page before the long-in screen

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...inental-hotels

As I read it you only get one bonus per member.

shobday96 Oct 12, 2016 5:23 am

Seem to be a few on my offers page - 4,500 Avios with Hilton and 2,000 with Shangri-La, as well as IHG and other brands.

Ldnn1 Oct 12, 2016 5:26 am

It should also get you the extra 1000 avios for earning from a new partner. I'll definitely use this, probably book an LGW hotel before an early flight rather than taking the train as usual.

Swiss Tony Oct 12, 2016 5:28 am

Originally Posted by shobday96 (Post 27335495)
Seem to be a few on my offers page - 4,500 Avios with Hilton and 2,000 with Shangri-La, as well as IHG and other brands.

You had me worried there!

However, it's triple points with Hilton at over 4,500 hotels I think...

shobday96 Oct 12, 2016 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 27335504)
You had me worried there!

However, it's triple points with Hilton at over 4,500 hotels I think...

You're absolutely right, I should learn to read.

TheFlyingDoctor Oct 12, 2016 5:36 am

I am suspicious from the terms and conditions (particularly bits 7 and 12) that this is just an advert for the IHG accelerate promotion. Under that, you can earn at least 30K IHG points - and then by calling, you can convert those to at least 6K avios (in line with the usual 5:1 rate). However, you have to jump through numerous (personalised) hoops to get the full accelerate bonus; the stars would have to align very nicely for a single cheap stay to unlock it all.

CoweyB Oct 12, 2016 5:42 am

I'm trying to use it but when I go through to IHG it said my earning preference (set for BAEC Avios) meant I wasn't eligible.

I then changed it back to IHG points but now when I go in it introduces me to Accelerate and a way to earn bonus IHG points - with no reference at all to 6,000 Avios.

And I was ready to change my hotel in Kiev the weekend after next!

Ldnn1 Oct 12, 2016 5:46 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingDoctor (Post 27335522)
I am suspicious from the terms and conditions (particularly bits 7 and 12) that this is just an advert for the IHG accelerate promotion. Under that, you can earn at least 30K IHG points - and then by calling, you can convert those to at least 6K avios (in line with the usual 5:1 rate). However, you have to jump through numerous (personalised) hoops to get the full accelerate bonus; the stars would have to align very nicely for a single cheap stay to unlock it all.

Ouch, think you might be right. Rubbish if so!

clarkeysntfc Oct 12, 2016 5:57 am

Is that 6,000 Avios per stay or 6,000 for one stay?

If it's per stay that's a lot of Avios to rack up between now and Xmas I have landed Spire Elite already!

T&C's don't make it clear.

Oxon Flyer Oct 12, 2016 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 27335475)
HIEX in Litchfield on a Sunday night for £36, anyone?

Ah, that brings back fond memories of the Diamond Club promotion which earned a shedload of points for a £25 room at the Days Inn knocking shop M40 Services. :D

stevie Oct 12, 2016 6:19 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingDoctor (Post 27335522)

Spot on I believe.

Fitch Oct 12, 2016 6:25 am

Headline is definitely not the whole story :( From the BA T&Cs:

"1.You must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in “Accelerate” ("Promotion"). Upon Registration (as defined below), members will be presented with the opportunity to earn at least 30,000 bonus points upon completion of all offers presented. Members will be awarded bonus points listed for each individual Promotional offer ("Offer") after completing the requirements of each individual Offer..."

Swiss Tony Oct 12, 2016 6:33 am

Ouch! Sorry folks.

This is pretty poor on behalf of BA as well for letting this through, though,

Surely the headline is utterly misleading:

"Collect at least 6,000 Avios when you book and stay with IHG® before 15 December 2016."

Not least because accelerate usually means you have to dine, apply for a credit card and download an app as well as just staying with them.