Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

CDG lounge

Apologies as i realise this will be somewhere else however im in transit to American Airlines check in Terminal 2 flying to USA.

Im BA Gold and just wondering if anyone has advice on best lounge i will have access to. Its an AA ticketed flight.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
CX and AA lounges are next to each other, I prefer CX because of more food options including a few cook to order noodle dishes. A wider selection of drinks iirc and very good showers if you need to freshen up, not sure if there are showers in the AA lounge.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The CX lounge is very nice, with a good selection of drinks and made to order food. I haven't visited the AA lounge so I'm not able to compare it.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I can recommend CX lounge. A lot of reviews online and probably here too.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Has the CX lounge been updated with new outstation lounge concept?

Have been in both Bangkok and Manila over the last few months and both are excellent outstation lounges. Nothing overtly fancy but good service and a unique selling point - the noodle bar and the drinks bar.

A perfectly decent place to spend 90 minutes or so before your flight.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
There's review of CX lounge at CDG here http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/05...les-de-gaulle/

I was there just after opening, only one guest for the first hour and food was refreshed and replenished in the meantime.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are a number of contributions and photographs in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ss-lounge.html
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
Has the CX lounge been updated with new outstation lounge concept?
The quick answer is no - the CDG lounge belongs to the Wing generation/concept, rather than the more recent Pier.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
I love the CDG CX lounge, good views of the runways, comfy seating, great food and often not very busy. It is in my opinion the perfect lounge.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by BigVince76
I love the CDG CX lounge, good views of the runways, comfy seating, great food and often not very busy. It is in my opinion the perfect lounge.
+1

CDG CX lounge is excellent. Great noodle bar also.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Used the AA shower recently, it was excellent and much like the ones in LAX - cream marble-type stone and a large washroom that included the toilet etc.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Foltan
Used the AA shower recently, it was excellent and much like the ones in LAX - cream marble-type stone and a large washroom that included the toilet etc.
The shower is Ok, the rest of the lounge is meh.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm in the Cathay lounge now. There are literally 0 other pax here at 2pm on Monday - except the noodle bar server.
The wine is fantastic, and the self-service food is decent. Spice up the made to order Dan Dan noodles with some fresh chilli and you won't go far wrong.
If you can nab the cocoon-type seats (if you're on your own) you'll have a lovely time.
Bearing in mind this is also a business lounge it's on par with any other OW equivalent (incl. Finnair Premium in HEL & Velasquez in MAD).

The AA Lounge shuts at 13:30. Pics look like any AA Flagship lounge (again it's actually only business though).
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:46 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Am arriving into T2 on BA (& Departing CDG T1 on QR more than 4 hours later) - can I access the CX Lounge at T2? I assume arriving & departing pax share the same part of the Terminal & I can therefore remain in T2 (to use the CX lounge) after stepping off my BA flight? Input/experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

note: cannot guarantee access to the QR lounge as they appear not to permit access to pax on miles/points upgraded tix

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.