Wiki Posts
Search

Downtown check-in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Downtown check-in Hong Kong

Does anyone know if you can use downtown checkin at Hong Kong Station in the morning to drop luggage prior to taking the late night BA flights to London?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
yes. it should be possible.
Make sure there is enough money on your octopus card.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

From here;

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/se...ckin_info.html

It does not look like there is any restriction on BA flights so you should be able to.

I will be doing this in November but will be checking in late afternoon before heading to the airport and dining at the Pier.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm going to be landing at 7am, popping to Arrivals and either leaving my bag there whilst I spend some time in the city or checking my bag at Hong Kong for a 11:40pm flight.
Planning on eating something in the city and then lounge hopping for a few hours before slumming it in Y
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes it's definitely possible in the morning, also at the Kowloon station. There is typically only one agent, who may double hat for Finnair but there's always someone there.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Last time I was in HKG, I used check in at Hong Kong station at about 9.30am for BA32.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by Schwann
Does anyone know if you can use downtown checkin at Hong Kong Station in the morning to drop luggage prior to taking the late night BA flights to London?
Yep, check in is open in the morning - at least at 6am

Originally Posted by xenole
I'm going to be landing at 7am, popping to Arrivals and either leaving my bag there whilst I spend some time in the city or checking my bag at Hong Kong for a 11:40pm flight.
Planning on eating something in the city and then lounge hopping for a few hours before slumming it in Y
I'm not sure whether you can leave your bag at arrivals. It's really tiny there. Consider getting a same day return ticket on the Airport Express and just do in-town check in instead?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Ivory (no more AF), Accor Plat, VS Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Have usually travelled HBO but have used in town check in maybe 10-15 times in the morning. No issues ever arise.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jdtravels
Yep, check in is open in the morning - at least at 6am

I'm not sure whether you can leave your bag at arrivals. It's really tiny there. Consider getting a same day return ticket on the Airport Express and just do in-town check in instead?
There is a left luggage place at arrivals, not far from the CX arrivals lounge (I am on my smartphone, so can't call up a terminal map using only one hand, but it should be easy to find !!).
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:40 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Trains start running at 0548 so checkin starts at 0530
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Brilliant, thanks all. Just trying to decide the best course of action...
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm curious...

Where do you all go to eat when you pop into town in HKG? Any recommendations?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Make sure you go all the way down to the Pier Lounges - they are both amazing!
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by omarr135
I'm curious...

Yum Cha has a couple of branches and does great Dim Sum

I also love the burgers from Beef and Liberty, and their Mac N Cheese bites are fab
Old Oct 9, 2016, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by omarr135
I'm curious...

There is a branch of Tim Ho Wan right in the Airport Express station at Central station. Michelin starred (although not that specific branch) Dim Sum for likely less than Ł10 per person.

If you want to leave the station then there are a million different options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.