Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-DUB-MCO luggage and lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club
LHR-DUB-MCO luggage and lounge?

Due to the hurricane, BA207 is cancelled today and I've got a reroute LHR-DUB-MCO. Am I right in thinking that I will pickup my bags in Dublin and take them to preclearance point for customs?

I've been booked in to Y class. Would this mean lounge access in T5? I've seen on other threads Business UK / Y tickets do but unsure for DUb being international.

Lastly, will I get avios and TP for a EI coded flight?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Can't answer some parts but EI coded flights will earn avois but not tier points. However you can always apply to BA for original routing credit based on your booked rather than flown routing.

Safe travels
cs
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ABZLocal
I've been booked in to Y class. Would this mean lounge access in T5? I've seen on other threads Business UK / Y tickets do but unsure for DUb being international.
No, unless you have status. The only Y ticket that lets you get into a lounge is a Business UK ticket, which is not sold on LHR-DUB (since that route has Club Europe).
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both.

Any idea about DUB? Also, do we go landslide or stay airside?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
What cabin are you in on DUB/MCO? Also, is the LHR/MCO on BA or EI metal as impacts on your terminals.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I don't believe you do need to collect your bags - they should be checked through.

The pre-screening is done by the CBP agent showing you a photo of your bag and you having to positively confirm it's yours.

It's intelligence-led - by the time you see the photo, they will already know if they want to have a 'chat'...

I suspect it does however mean that if you lock your bag, you may find the lock has been broken by TSA by the time you get to Orlando.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Your bags should be sent through to MCO, but I can see a good point in asking to move them from T1 to T2 under your own steam, this is the sort of thing which would encourage a mis-connect, whereas if you checked the bags in at DUB you could be fairly certain that it will work fine. There is an airside connection corridor from T1 to T2, not always open but it's before you get to the Irish border, you would use this if you through checked.

I can't tell your status but if in Y fare bucket you cannot get lounge access in T5 or nowhere else if unqualified by status on this route.

If you were rebooked - as I suspect - into a "sold as" BA codeshare DUB-MCO then you will get TPs and Avios, and if in Y at a more substantial rate than your original booking, I would imagine. If in EI prime, not BA codeshare, then you will have to reclaim later and you'll get the lower amount.

Keep an eye on this booking, it wouldn't surprise me if the Aer Lingus service gets disrupted.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
What cabin are you in on DUB/MCO? Also, is the LHR/MCO on BA or EI metal as impacts on your terminals.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Hectic day yesterday. We were all in Y. LHR-DUB ON BA metal, DUB-MCO on EI. I'll explain more in next reply.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Your bags should be sent through to MCO, but I can see a good point in asking to move them from T1 to T2 under your own steam, this is the sort of thing which would encourage a mis-connect, whereas if you checked the bags in at DUB you could be fairly certain that it will work fine. There is an airside connection corridor from T1 to T2, not always open but it's before you get to the Irish border, you would use this if you through checked.

I can't tell your status but if in Y fare bucket you cannot get lounge access in T5 or nowhere else if unqualified by status on this route.

If you were rebooked - as I suspect - into a "sold as" BA codeshare DUB-MCO then you will get TPs and Avios, and if in Y at a more substantial rate than your original booking, I would imagine. If in EI prime, not BA codeshare, then you will have to reclaim later and you'll get the lower amount.

Keep an eye on this booking, it wouldn't surprise me if the Aer Lingus service gets disrupted.
Thanks C-W-S and Swiss Tony.

A fuller update, original booking made with AA, ABZ-LHR-MIA on BA metal, AA code shares. Then MIA-MCO on AA. LHR-MIA and MIA-MCO were cancelled due to hurricane Matthew.

Long time reader /lurker here so took the great advice from you previously C-W-S (and others) of having my preferred plan B in place so as soon as they were cancelled, I called AA who made the changes after an hour on the phone. Others at ABZ had a few issues and rerouted until Saturday. They booked us on EI121, no codeshare.

BA at ABZ tagged my bags to DUB as couldn't check me in on EI. When I got to DUB (slightly early luckily!) we got through, got our bags, went landslide (didn't see this message until after and didn't see airside route) to T2, out names were called as flight closed at 11:55 did to then pulling the flight forward. We were on BA834 arriving 12:05. EI and DUB were great, rushed through, no waits at security and preclearance and arrived 45 minutes early.

Small fire on the plane meant the bags were delayed 2 hours and inbound cancelled. They had hoped to get it going before MCO shut at 8pm local time.

Thanks again to all.

Last edited by ABZLocal; Oct 7, 2016 at 4:05 am Reason: Typo and add info
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ABZLocal
They booked us on EI121, no codeshare.
Thank you for letting us know how it turned out, and it looks like not such a bad deal in the end, despite the annoying delay to the baggage. There is another thread about this fire, with a link to a media report, it seems have been a support vehicle involved. Still, better to wait a bit for the bags rather than discover they are still in LHR or DUB. I hope you have a good stay in Florida, even if it is a bit windy over there.

Because of the use of EI you will need to apply for an Original Routing Credit to get your TPs and Avios. It may take a few weeks to be processed, however. I think you have to leave it a week before claiming too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.