Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HSBC Premier Rewards Avios Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by Raffles
I was told by them last year that it would not happen again. Plans may change, of course, but as HSBC will be funding it, it seems rather generous in the world of 0.3% interchange.
Interesting, we'll just have to wait and see. I suppose HSBC might justify the cost and a marketing expense to promote their relatively new World Elite card which presumably hasn't had a huge take up yet.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
I was told by them last year that it would not happen again. Plans may change, of course, but as HSBC will be funding it, it seems rather generous in the world of 0.3% interchange.
Then again, they might not have anticipated the signs over the summer that consumer credit growth is starting to slow. So we can live in a little hope that they feel a need to do a transfer promotion as a way to encourage marginal card use.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
Then again, they might not have anticipated the signs over the summer that consumer credit growth is starting to slow. So we can live in a little hope that they feel a need to do a transfer promotion as a way to encourage marginal card use.
If they want to encourage marginal card use, they should give 6 months notice of running the offer!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
If they want to encourage marginal card use, they should give 6 months notice of running the offer!
Yeah but this is HSBC we're talking about here. I've never known them to do things the smart way in any regard!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
I may well be wrong, but my understanding is that redemption promotion (from HSBC, this is merely a redemption) are typically primarily there to lower notional liabilities rather than encouraging purchases.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I may well be wrong, but my understanding is that redemption promotion (from HSBC, this is merely a redemption) are typically primarily there to lower notional liabilities rather than encouraging purchases.
Surely notional liabilities are better than actual (by redeeming) liabilities?!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
The 50% bonus Avios promotion ran from the 1st of October to the 30th of November last year so keep your eyes peeled! Any feedback on whether a bonus is added on transfers over the next few days would be appreciated.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Surely notional liabilities are better than actual (by redeeming) liabilities?!
that's what I always assumed but apparently not. That was the explanation given by Flying Blue people for a surge in promo awards and partner specials at one point. They had accumulated too much notional liability and actually needed people to redeem a certain amount.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I got an email about a 35% bonus when I transfer points from HSBC to Avios this month. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hsbc-...itish-airways/

I have about 43K points in my HSBC account and about 7K in my Avios account. Should I transfer all my HSBC points to BA? I don't fly to EU very often so it's unlikely I will book a BA flight. But I fly to Asia frequently so I'm interested in booking intra Asia flights or SFO to Asia flights on a BA partner.

With the 35% bonus, is it a good deal to transfer? I was originally planning to get a HSBC statement credit for a future flight (so each HSBC point is worth 1.6 cents in this case). I'm a Star Alliance guy so I am not super familiar with Avios.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by naumank
I got an email about a 35% bonus when I transfer points from HSBC to Avios this month. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hsbc-...itish-airways/

I have about 43K points in my HSBC account and about 7K in my Avios account. Should I transfer all my HSBC points to BA? I don't fly to EU very often so it's unlikely I will book a BA flight. But I fly to Asia frequently so I'm interested in booking intra Asia flights or SFO to Asia flights on a BA partner.

With the 35% bonus, is it a good deal to transfer? I was originally planning to get a HSBC statement credit for a future flight (so each HSBC point is worth 1.6 cents in this case). I'm a Star Alliance guy so I am not super familiar with Avios.
The 35% bonus is a good bonus as far as the bonus' are concerned. They have offered 25% in the past... so it's decent. I use my Avios for short haul within Europe and within the USA. Those are sweet spots for redemption.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone know if this offer is targeted - there's no sign of it on my account?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Anyone know if this offer is targeted - there's no sign of it on my account?
It's for all -not targeted. Call to redeem if you don't see it. But it shows on the rewards site for all.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
It's for all -not targeted. Call to redeem if you don't see it. But it shows on the rewards site for all.
..... in the US.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
..... in the US.
Damn was hoping for this as I am sat on a couple of 100k! Need a UK bonus now..
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:21 am

Just got an email saying there's a 35% transfer promo to avios, 6/1 to 6/30. So i don't know if it's targeted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.