Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to New Orleans [service starts Summer 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ldnn1
After much speculation BA has confirmed the launch of non-stop flights from Heathrow to New Orleans (MSY) from 27 March 2017.

Service will initially run 4x weekly on 3-class 787-8 aircraft:

BA225 LHR 1540 – 1940 MSY 788 Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat
BA224 MSY 2120 – 1200+1 LHR 788 Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat

Lounge arrangements (if any) at MSY are yet to be confirmed.
Print Wikipost

BA to New Orleans [service starts Summer 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Looks like SFO777 has recently swung by NOLA and he thought that it was quite a dump, so BA would need to make it work until at least the new terminal opens in late 2018 at the earliest. Unless they think they can low-ball it due to perception of the crowd who are likely to want to fly there.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Nope, see the SCL thread elsewhere. HAL sometimes do something, since new routes promote the airport, but there was nothing for IKA (Ok, maybe a bit sensitive), nothing for SCL, but there were some dancing guardsmen for INV and a handshake from the Provost. In the case of MSY one would vaguely hope that they would know how to party, but I wouldn't count anything, other than good company.
MSY has been vying for this sort of flight (i.e. a TATL) for a very, very long time. They've finally landed one, and a good one with lots of connections potential for the rest of Europe and Africa. I'm willing to bet that the airport will put on some sort of celebration.

Originally Posted by techie
Looks like SFO777 has recently swung by NOLA and he thought that it was quite a dump, so BA would need to make it work until at least the new terminal opens in late 2018 at the earliest. Unless they think they can low-ball it due to perception of the crowd who are likely to want to fly there.
Concourse C is a bit of a dump (as is the rest of the airport), but it is clean for the most part. Dining and drinking options are limited, although they are getting better. If you're looking for a substantial pre-flight meal, best to eat one in the city or in the surrounding area of the airport.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by brewdog11

Concourse C is a bit of a dump (as is the rest of the airport), but it is clean for the most part. Dining and drinking options are limited, although they are getting better. If you're looking for a substantial pre-flight meal, best to eat one in the city or in the surrounding area of the airport.
Such as Drago's in nearby Metairie. We've done this before when we've flown out of MSY in the afternoon instead of LFT and shall do so again when we fly to GCM via MIA this spring. Excellent seafood as well as other great cuisine at Drago's and their barbecued oysters are legendary.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Concourse C is a bit of a dump...but it is clean for the most part.
a) I should bloody think so too!
b) It's all well and good until workers go on strike like they did at Barcelona airport not that long ago:
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:54 am

Anyone here going to be on the inaugural MSY-LHR flight this Monday night (3/27)?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Did we ever learn what the lounge arrangements are for this flight? I remember, before this route ever was announced, stumbling onto a dark, locked room marked "International Lounge" on its door, which can be seen adjacent to Gate C1 in this map. I wonder if that's what they're using, though a search of MSY on the ba.com lounge page comes up empty.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Fantastic CSD on today's flight to New Orleans.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
Did we ever learn what the lounge arrangements are for this flight? I remember, before this route ever was announced, stumbling onto a dark, locked room marked "International Lounge" on its door, which can be seen adjacent to Gate C1 in this map. I wonder if that's what they're using, though a search of MSY on the ba.com lounge page comes up empty.
So I missed the inaugural flight thanks to an illness (hopefully the lounge for this flight is nicer than the East Jefferson emergency room waiting area), so I can't give firsthand evidence. However, I speculated the atrium/rotunda near the end of C terminal (by Copeland's and the Atrium Bar) was going to be the lounge location. There are some doors on the first floor of the atrium, and I wondered if they could be the gateway to a lounge-like room.

I haven't seen the door you're talking about by C1. That is interesting to hear.

Here's to hoping that a nice, new BA lounge (with a joint Admirals Club) is under construction in the new terminal!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, AC Aeroplan, UA MileagePlus, WN Rapid Rewards
Forward bookings must look good because BA also announced that the flight will go to 5x weekly beginning in October. Great news!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Anyone we know?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That would be telling.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
How was clearing CBP at MSY? Would you happen to remember which gate you arrived at?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How was clearing CBP at MSY? Would you happen to remember which gate you arrived at?
Here's a photo of the aircraft docked at Gate C11.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Blumie
Here's a photo of the aircraft docked at Gate C11.
I don't know if that was the previous charity flight or yesterday's flight, but yesterday we definitely arrived into D12, so a long-ish walk to CBP. Which went fine, I was in a taxi within 10 minutes of landing, even taking the photos of the band and goodie bags.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't know if that was the previous charity flight or yesterday's flight, but yesterday we definitely arrived into D12, so a long-ish walk to CBP. Which went fine, I was in a taxi within 10 minutes of landing, even taking the photos of the band and goodie bags.
Are you certain? The article I pulled that from claims it's the arrival of the inaugural flight; the MSY website shows BA operating out of the C concourse; also I had read elsewhere that BA is using Gate C11. Also, I'm not sure the D concourse has direct access to the CBP facilities. (I guess it's possible you arrived at D12 and then the aircraft was towed to C11, though I'm not sure why they would do that.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.