FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793630-buy-board-implemented-ba-short-haul-opinions-concept.html)

airline brat Sep 30, 2016 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 27283882)
Oneworld is partly owned by BA. It isn't going to stop BA doing what it wants. There is already precedent in the form of QF and AA who have their own rules.

:D :D :D

I haven't flown AA for about 3 months, but last time I did they recognized by BA Gold/OW Emerald in the cabin and gave me a free (alcohol) drink and a snack due to status. For BA to provide lesser onboard short haul service than AA (in my experience)....that is a new low.

Flexible preferences Sep 30, 2016 8:51 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 27284354)
Yeah....I'd like to ask him how the airline manages to keep hold of so many disgruntled customers. :D

The man's a genius :D

CoweyB Sep 30, 2016 8:52 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 27284307)
I do so agree with you all. How many of you are actually writing to Santa Cruz?? It want loads of letters - sackfuls of them. He may or may not read them but unnoticed they will not.

A

I'm about to post my letter this afternoon having found the address on-line.

I agree it's pointless us whinging if you don't write. These contact details for him are in the public domain:

Chief Executive
Alex Cruz
Chief Executive Officer
British Airways Plc, Waterside
PO Box 365
Harmondsworth
UB7 0GB

+44 20 8738 5117

[email protected]

Mr. Cruz can be contacted on Twitter at @alex_cruz

flashware Sep 30, 2016 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey (Post 27283260)
They could introduce soft drinks from taps in lounges. At the moment at LHR you can take cans of soft drinks, tonic and I think ginger beer. Maybe some beers, I don't drink so didn't notice. Water is in big bottles so you can't nick it.

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 27283272)
Water is easy - take an empty bottle through the security and fill it with water at the lounge. Cans of beer can be easily smuggled out (done it once for the Iberia operated flight to Madrid ;)) Not sure what the policy about consumption of alcohol brought on board would be - most LCC ban drinking your own alcohol.

When you pass through security down the F lounge end and make your way to the F lounge, as I passed through T5 2 weeks back there was a new water fountain being installed. There was the clue! At least for water it saves the shame of pouring a water bottle into your own vessel, you can do it with Joe Public.

Originally Posted by r00ty (Post 27283352)
Depends on the crew. I've seen it happen once before, on BA. I won't say when and from where. But it happened.

They even let them drink during take-off roll (I moved my electronic equipment for fear of spillage).

I highly doubt any of this was normal procedure at all.

It wasn't a BCN-LHR a few weeks back was it? If so, saw the same with a chap across the aisle from me....

megaloman Sep 30, 2016 9:09 am

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 27284417)
It wasn't a BCN-LHR a few weeks back was it? If so, saw the same with a chap across the aisle from me....

Nope, it was a couple of years back when I was moved from cancelled LCY-MAD service onto LHR-MAD operated by Iberia's A340 :)

HMPS Sep 30, 2016 9:12 am

I do so agree with you all. How many of you are actually writing to Santa Cruz?? It want loads of letters - sackfuls of them. He may or may not read them but unnoticed they will not. I'd advise against cutting up cards.

Actually to our Mods or CWS is there anyway of inviting him to come in here? i want to hear what he has to say. We can't expect him to wade through this barrage, but a selection of the less rude and more evocative might give him a flavour. Someone said this airline bears that flag of the Nation - not doe half clothed tart - and is still considered as one of the items of pride in this nation. Iberia? Vueling?the Clockwork Orange? Grant me strength. Let's hear why and what the justification is for this cheapskate downsizing.

I'm disgusted.

I like your idea but...

Mr Cruz is not going to devote his precious time to a handful of pax/ cognoscenti here who can dissect every move / word a hundred different ways.
He would rather concentrate on millions of other pax. He knows he has most paying premier cabins pax by the short hair with corporate contracts.

Perhaps copy to each board member of every letter/ email may work to wake them up. Tedious work, but revolutions requires hard work. @:-)

darthlemsip Sep 30, 2016 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Nuster (Post 27284238)
Have you tried to ask for a second, or third, gin and tonic or beer down the back? My limited experience of BA is usually that the service is non existent or resentful in an eye rolling way unlike Asian airlines who usually pick up on the vibe and have regularly proactively dropped a beer down without being asked.

And I would much rather know that I can have a sandwich and a snack or even a couple if sandwiches if hungry and needed rather than a single snack or micro crisps. No survey filled out as I now fly less and less with BA partly because of the above issues.

Yes, many times and without issue.

orbitmic Sep 30, 2016 9:13 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 27284359)
Yes, on most short-haul flights that I have taken with BA.
That has not been my experience at all. I have never experienced negativity from BA crews when asking for another drink.

Exactly the same here. In fact, crew systematically make an announcement that should you want anything else, you should not hesitate to come to the galley or press the call button, and frankly, whether it has been my galley visits or asking crew when they come by, or neighbours using the call button I have never seen any indication of embarrassment, reproach, or reluctance to help. I think that the argument is, frankly, nonsense unless it is merely about the OP personally feeling that in his/her own mind the ticket includes the "cost" of one drink and that asking for more than one would be abusive, but that truly would be a purely personal (and dare I say somewhat unusual) feeling.

o0herbie Sep 30, 2016 9:17 am

Unfortunate words:

"With British Airways, the price you see is the price you get. High Value Flying is about not scrambling into a sandwich shop before you board, but getting drinks and a snack as standard."

Original link: http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/articl...w-ad-campaign#

Flexible preferences Sep 30, 2016 9:31 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27284451)
Exactly the same here. In fact, crew systematically make an announcement that should you want anything else, you should not hesitate to come to the galley or press the call button, and frankly, whether it has been my galley visits or asking crew when they come by, or neighbours using the call button I have never seen any indication of embarrassment, reproach, or reluctance to help. I think that the argument is, frankly, nonsense unless it is merely about the OP personally feeling that in his/her own mind the ticket includes the "cost" of one drink and that asking for more than one would be abusive, but that truly would be a purely personal (and dare I say somewhat unusual) feeling.

My recent experience in Y in April was drinks strictly rationed to one per person (although that was in longhaul). That said, I don't for one moment doubt this is an accurate account of your experiences.

irishguy28 Sep 30, 2016 9:31 am

I do so agree with you all. How many of you are actually writing to Santa Cruz?? It want loads of letters - sackfuls of them. He may or may not read them but unnoticed they will not. I'd advise against cutting up cards.

Good idea!

those anti-Corbynistas has the same one!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4721469867.jpg

zat_dude Sep 30, 2016 9:32 am

Originally Posted by o0herbie (Post 27284458)
Unfortunate words:

"With British Airways, the price you see is the price you get. High Value Flying is about not scrambling into a sandwich shop before you board, but getting drinks and a snack as standard."

Original link: http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/articl...w-ad-campaign#

Going OT here, but it just shows how the changes have been creeping:

"It’s about allocated seats and no stampede at the departure gate, taking two pieces of hand baggage and one in the hold without being charged extra"

Neither the two pieces of hand baggage nor the checked-in bag are guaranteed since last year. :rolleyes:

But I agree with the sentiment that we can moan as much as we want to, without much of a result to expect. I have written to BA to express my opinion and will actively book with other airlines instead of BA.

Nuster Sep 30, 2016 9:33 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 27284359)
Yes, on most short-haul flights that I have taken with BA.
That has not been my experience at all. I have never experienced negativity from BA crews when asking for another drink.

Originally Posted by darthlemsip (Post 27284447)
Yes, many times and without issue.

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27284451)

I do not fly below club withBA very often but it is surprising that I have found I have to go looking for staff during a flight to ask for a beer, and I have add the eye roll (on a second beer) and I have felt decidedly unwelcome to ask for more. I have not had this feeling with other airlines with the exception of Air France who can give the impression that being a passenger is simply intrusive.

As frequent BA economy flyers, this sample must be absolutely amazed that this is my experience or else believe that what I have posted is just made up.

Flexible preferences Sep 30, 2016 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Nuster (Post 27284534)
I do not fly below club withBA very often but it is surprising that I have found I have to go looking for staff during a flight to ask for a beer, and I have add the eye roll (on a second beer) and I have felt decidedly unwelcome to ask for more. I have not had this feeling with other airlines with the exception of Air France who can give the impression that being a passenger is simply intrusive.

As frequent BA economy flyers, this sample must be absolutely amazed that this is my experience or else believe that what I have posted is just made up.

I think it is clear that posters can post their own truthful experiences, and those truthful experiences may differ from each other.

Calchas Sep 30, 2016 9:37 am

Originally Posted by HMPS (Post 27284446)
He knows he has most paying premier cabins pax by the short hair with corporate contracts.

Does he?? Most major corporates, as far as I can see, offer their employees a choice of carriers within a price band, usually through a third party travel agent.