FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793630-buy-board-implemented-ba-short-haul-opinions-concept.html)

wobbly wings Sep 30, 2016 5:23 am

If it is definitely confirmed that AVIOS ET reservations can be cancelled with the fee for redepositing miles waived and taxes fully refunded can this be added to the Wiki?

Calchas Sep 30, 2016 5:23 am

Originally Posted by dsf (Post 27283714)
They told me on Twitter that they are enabling customers to purchase food.

Who invents these expressions?

Nearly as good as onboarding which this week I found is used by people who aren't getting onto a boat.

gpb_croppers63 Sep 30, 2016 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 27283725)

Nearly as good as onboarding which this week I found is used by people who aren't getting onto a boat.

"Empowerment" was loved by my former employer and hated by all of the staff! ;)

aks120 Sep 30, 2016 5:27 am

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63 (Post 27283720)
Well they kind of are in the beginning by giving customers 1000 avios on existing bookings but I somehow doubt that's what they meant. ;) :D

Has anyone actually received those miles yet??? I just fired off 20 requests for all my flights booked up until April - I wont hold my breath!!!

aks120

fransknorge Sep 30, 2016 5:33 am

Concerning payment being contactless and Avion only, it reminded me of when DY started their long haul venture. On board paiement were cards only. During the first month after the launch, an old women has to be taken away by paramedics after landing : dehydration. She did not have a valid credit card (only some local debit card) but enough cash to buy water which she asked for.
I do not remember the follow up but now either water is free or cash accepted on DY.

David_Doyle Sep 30, 2016 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Fitch (Post 27283671)

<snip>
- guest must be travelling on same flight
<snip>

Prove me wrong :(

I think this is a discussion for the other thread, but the Oneworld lounge access privileges trump what BA might wish to do.

"Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier."

There are some exceptions to the rule but these are limited - I couldn't see BA being justified in a wholesale restriction on guest privileges.

scottishpoet Sep 30, 2016 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 27283609)
:D

Question 2:

Little Johnny's uncle, Bob, is a much savvier flyer and so has access to the business lounge for his flight on 2nd February.

Bob has a carry-on case with internal dimensions 50x40x20 cm. His neatly-packed pile of clothes measure 30x20x15. A can of beer in the lounge fridge has dimensions 10cm height x 6cm diameter. How many beers can Bobby squeeze into his carry-on?

Bonus question: How can Bob do this without anyone noticing?

How much would Bob need to sell his cans for to the passengers at the gate in order to cover the cost of the bag he paid to put in the hold?

Arctic Troll Sep 30, 2016 5:47 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 27283601)

Virgin Trains East Coast are busy pointing out you still get food and drink with their first class...

dakaix Sep 30, 2016 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 27283725)

Straight out of corporate america's latest management book, in my experience. (*ducks* :p)

I'm starting a new contract in Germany in a couple of weeks, my main deliverable is "onboarding" the customer. :rolleyes:

perthflyer Sep 30, 2016 5:57 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 27283543)
I just had a chance to listen to the Radio 4 interview - Alex Cruz comes across very poorly, and I can understand why the staff do not like him or his viewpoints.

^ I totally agree.

Ldnn1 Sep 30, 2016 5:58 am

Originally Posted by dakaix (Post 27283776)
Straight out of corporate america's latest management book, in my experience. (*ducks* :p)

I'm starting a new contract in Germany in a couple of weeks, my main deliverable is "onboarding" the customer. :rolleyes:

Customer onboarding is on my CV. :eek:

GLABA Sep 30, 2016 6:06 am

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/travel/...l-flights.html

Is the FA a midget or is this the real portion size? Looks great value!

gorps1 Sep 30, 2016 6:07 am

Originally Posted by aks120 (Post 27283731)
Has anyone actually received those miles yet??? I just fired off 20 requests for all my flights booked up until April - I wont hold my breath!!!

aks120

Mine have just been posted.

gpb_croppers63 Sep 30, 2016 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 27283785)
Customer onboarding is on my CV. :eek:

And "Customer buy-onboarding" is now on Alex Cruz's CV. :D

o0herbie Sep 30, 2016 6:11 am

Just listening to the Cruz interview. At 31.50 he calls the current food offering 'of questionable quality'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07w5y6b