FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793630-buy-board-implemented-ba-short-haul-opinions-concept.html)

KARFA Sep 29, 16 3:47 am

I think there was some suggestion status passengers would get something for free. Any information on that?

JumboJim Sep 29, 16 3:47 am

My question is whether BAEC Golds & OWEs and above will get a complimentary drink and snack as happens to Executive Platinum & OWE members on AA?

Arctic Troll Sep 29, 16 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Strawb (Post 27278336)
What's in it for BA status members?

You get to use the app to pay with Avios?

You didn't think Cruz was going to give high status pax something for free did you? :D

cosmo74 Sep 29, 16 3:49 am

LCY and STN flights are at least not being impacted until 'Summer 2017'.

Funnily enough, there is no mention in the FAQ's about what happens to existing bookings - I'd suggest anyone impacted tweets BA to see what they have to say

IAMORGAN Sep 29, 16 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 27278320)
This concerns me more than BoB in Y.

Free Percy pigs to replace afternoon tea no doubt. Appropriate to the time of day.

I do wonder whether this will be available on all flights - IE LHR-MAN, LGW-JER. I wonder if CE will just get something 'free' from the trolley and then the SCCM will disappear down the back to help with the retail service.

DELLAS Sep 29, 16 3:51 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 27278348)
Free Percy pigs to replace afternoon tea no doubt. Appropriate to the time of day.

A real enhancement then :D;)

rossmacd Sep 29, 16 3:52 am

An FTer is already at work on Twitter :D

https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...15855645130752

Ldnn1 Sep 29, 16 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Arctic Troll (Post 27278330)
Instead of the two fingers of whiskey, you'll just get the two fingers.

Using BA's prices, my G&T and crisps on UK Domestic is worth just under a tenner. I shall wait with baited breath for UK Domestic fares to decrease by a tenner.

Meanwhile, I'll be transferring my business back to Virgin Trains...

On my last BA shorthaul I had 4 wines - that's 20 on the menu now. I wouldn't be accepting two fingers.

My guess is that those who complain may get given a set number of avios per existing booking, perhaps enough for say one drink and one snack at the new avios payment prices.

ShuttleRunner Sep 29, 16 3:53 am

Granola pot (the exact one I have for brekkie most days), cider, and Percy Pigs? This is great!

On the other hand, will we be saying goodbye to hot breakfast domestics and lemon melts?

Flexible preferences Sep 29, 16 3:54 am

Originally Posted by JumboJim (Post 27278338)
My question is whether BAEC Golds & OWEs and above will get a complimentary drink and snack as happens to Executive Platinum & OWE members on AA?

It doesn't look like it, or it would have made sense that they would have mentioned this when saying about CE still being catered.

V10 Sep 29, 16 3:54 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74 (Post 27278297)
I'm guessing there's been no announcement about how much flight prices are being reduced by to 'compensate' for the loss of the free food and drink service?

They won't.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ne...ace-free-food/

Specifically quotes Cruz saying that there will be no lowering of fares as a result, and similarly no guarantee that people already booked would receive free M&S food when these changes come into effect. Whether that means they get a free something else, we can but guess.

rossmacd Sep 29, 16 3:58 am

Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner (Post 27278360)
On the other hand, will we be saying goodbye to hot breakfast domestics and lemon melts?

The FAQ suggests that with this catering change there are no options for special meals for ET or Domestic, hence I would safely assume that the M&S fare will be trotted out on Domestic routes also and the famous hot breakfast is no more.

EuropeToAsia Sep 29, 16 3:59 am

Originally Posted by r00ty (Post 27278332)
Better than some other LCCs though. I once paid 6 for effectively 1L of water (which I very much needed). It's still quite sad though.

IIRC 2.50 or EUR3 is the norm at U2 and now AB (whether it will save the latter is another question), so BA actually is a little less evil here than others.

Sat in SAS lounge at CPH - so liberating to have gotten over the obsession to have to fly oneworld all the time ;-)

phlyer Sep 29, 16 3:59 am

If something has been taken away that was previously complementary, I suspect it will be tough luck.

When Gate Gourmet went on strike, that was the response - it was complementary i.e. not paid for, so non provision is ok. Shame.

Down Low Sep 29, 16 4:00 am

Rumour is rife today that the Club cabin will return to domestics when this is introduced.