FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793630-buy-board-implemented-ba-short-haul-opinions-concept.html)

shefgab Oct 14, 16 12:33 pm

Does anyone know if "summer 2017" for LCY and STN routes starts at the beginning of the IATA Summer season (IIRC 26 March 2017) or will it actually be what people associate with summer (e.g. June or July), or some random date between those?

orbitmic Oct 14, 16 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Bee (Post 27345442)
Following that link came to this article: http://www.ieseinsight.com/doc.aspx?id=1326&ar=&idi=2

To be fair, he was probably correct, but probably didn't expect to be driving it.

It is quite amazing that Flyertalkers can manage to find all those amazing contradictions in discourse but that not a single journalist managed to spot them and confront Cr (I'm enhancing the uz to save some money) with them in any of the absurdly sympathetic interviews that he has been giving.

kanderson1965 Oct 14, 16 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27346376)
It is quite amazing that Flyertalkers can manage to find all those amazing contradictions in discourse but that not a single journalist managed to spot them and confront Cr (I'm enhancing the uz to save some money) with them in any of the absurdly sympathetic interviews that he has been giving.

Do BA pay to advertise in said publications?

Silver Fox Oct 14, 16 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 (Post 27346527)
Do BA pay to advertise in said publications?

Indeed.

lorcancoyle Oct 14, 16 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by wobbly wings (Post 27346209)
Not true. At time of writing you can also use the toilet.

Previously the toilet paper was complimentary, but following complaints about its quality we have partnered with M&S to offer better quality toilet paper for purchase. Those of you who don't wish to purchase should have picked up a complimentary copy of the i at the boarding gate (why do you think we offer them?!)

heb999 Oct 15, 16 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Misco60 (Post 27340030)
Same here.

I received a standard copy-and-paste reply to my original complaint, pushed back and then received 1,000 Avios for each Euro Traveller flight from LHR I have booked post January.

My first complaint received a standard cut and paste reply but after complaining again I received a 20 e-voucher. My husband's complaints have not even been answered.

headingwest Oct 15, 16 3:06 am

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle (Post 27347058)
Previously the toilet paper was complimentary, but following complaints about its quality we have partnered with M&S to offer better quality toilet paper for purchase. Those of you who don't wish to purchase should have picked up a complimentary copy of the i at the boarding gate (why do you think we offer them?!)

There's always the HighLife magazine. :D

Basi1 Oct 15, 16 3:28 am

Hopefully at least with BOB there will be adequate stock.

Yesterday afternoon's JER-LGW had run out of gin and beer (other than Amstel Light) by the time I was served in Row 14.

cme17 Oct 15, 16 3:41 am

Very helpful agent allowed me to cancel my BA holiday flight with full refund. Excellent service and no waiting on getting the call answered.

TPJ Oct 15, 16 3:42 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 27348680)

Until it is 'enhanced away' as a result of extensive research and it order to save weight... But hold on... even FR has in-flight magazine:D

orbitmic Oct 15, 16 5:07 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 27348754)
Until it is 'enhanced away' as a result of extensive research and it order to save weight... But hold on... even FR has in-flight magazine:D

In fairness, I don't think it will be: they represent advertising income for all airlines including low cost. Even more so now that BA are progressively getting rid of newspapers and will presumably put the BoB menu in the magazine, thereby pushing the captive audience to open it more.

headingwest Oct 15, 16 5:22 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27348871)
In fairness, I don't think it will be: they represent advertising income for all airlines including low cost. Even more so now that BA are progressively getting rid of newspapers and will presumably put the BoB menu in the magazine, thereby pushing the captive audience to open it more.

I'll be surprised if they put the BoB menu in the HighLife magazine. I think it's more likely that they'll do the same as Iberia and strategically stick it in front of the magazine in the seat pocket - in your face as it were.

The_Bouncer Oct 15, 16 5:23 am

2 for the Highlife magazine, anyone?

flashware Oct 15, 16 5:24 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 27348890)
I'll be surprised if they put the BoB menu in the HighLife magazine. I think it's more likely that they'll do the same as Iberia and strategically stick it in front of the magazine in the seat pocket and in your face as it were.

.. and boy did the prices in the IB magazine make my eyes water 2 weeks ago, especially with the drop in the ! :eek:

kanderson1965 Oct 15, 16 5:32 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 27348680)

It's already full of ..... :)