FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793630-buy-board-implemented-ba-short-haul-opinions-concept.html)

Can I help you Sep 29, 2016 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Waterhorse (Post 27278552)
Only a Spaniard could think that charging £2.30 for a cup of tea onboard is a good idea. Mark today in your diary, it's the day that the BA brand was killed.

It died a long time ago.

irishguy28 Sep 29, 2016 4:01 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu (Post 27278568)
Make sure your not sat at the back then.

Or...just bring your own sandwiches.

simonrp84 Sep 29, 2016 4:01 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu (Post 27278562)
They have to provide drinking water. Come on everybody, lets make sure we all ask for our free drinking water on these flights

Even Easyjet and Ryanair do this (if you ask politely).

wobbly wings Sep 29, 2016 4:03 am

Originally Posted by deepbluetee (Post 27278505)
There's going to be a lot of pinching from the lounge going on......

Bag inspections on exit of the lounge. No need - they may get upgraded too at some point.

babats Sep 29, 2016 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 27278387)
There is no logic to that whatsoever. It was part of the ticket price, just like having somewhere to sit is part of the ticket price.

So for the next 'enhancement' BA will take away the seats!!:mad:

FlyerTalker39574 Sep 29, 2016 4:04 am

Which charity will they be giving the waste food items to?

Will cabin crew have enough time to fill in the waste food item forms?

Will cabin crew collect Boots and Pret empty sandwich packaging for recycling?

Do BA's waste management contracts allow for the extra cost of additional passenger waste that'll be inevitable?

wb1969 Sep 29, 2016 4:05 am

I honestly believe that the only way BA brand can now survive is if they split off their shorthaul network and rename it, like Cathay and Dragonair, Singapore & Silk Air, Thai & Smile. To keep things as they are will only cause long term damage to the brand and reputation of BA.

wobbly wings Sep 29, 2016 4:06 am

Originally Posted by tom139 (Post 27278533)
BA customer relations have been instructed to give up to 1,000 Avios per passenger per booking to compensate which is enough for a 'drink and a snack'.

Also able to cancel for a full refund up to 28 days prior to departure.

Does this include cancelling reward ET tickets at no penalty?

babats Sep 29, 2016 4:06 am

Originally Posted by englisha (Post 27278385)
My SOF-LHR flight in February, which I bought April this year has gone from a hot meal and drinks, to an enhanced sandwich with drinks, to enhanced paid sandwich with no drinks included.

Lucky for me that the lounge in Sofia is so well stocked with cheese triangles, peanuts and crisps.

What's the betting that they'll start to search pax when they leave the lounges or all food/drink will have little tags that go off when pax try to exit.

mec72 Sep 29, 2016 4:06 am

Originally Posted by TCX69 (Post 27278289)
“Club Europe customers will continue to be offered a full, complimentary menu, which is being improved and revamped from spring 2017”

Read: cuts here too.

ringingup Sep 29, 2016 4:07 am

Originally Posted by tom139 (Post 27278533)
BA customer relations have been instructed to give up to 1,000 Avios per passenger per booking to compensate which is enough for a 'drink and a snack'.

Also able to cancel for a full refund up to 28 days prior to departure.

So could I just call up now and ask for the 1000 Avios?

IAMORGAN Sep 29, 2016 4:08 am

Originally Posted by wb1969 (Post 27278585)
I honestly believe that the only way BA brand can now survive is if they split off their shorthaul network and rename it, like Cathay and Dragonair, Singapore & Silk Air, Thai & Smile. To keep things as they are will only cause long term damage to the brand and reputation of BA.

What, like "BA Connect"?

markle Sep 29, 2016 4:09 am

Originally Posted by wb1969 (Post 27278585)

Dragonair SH catering is already light years ahead of what BA offers today....

TPJ Sep 29, 2016 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 27278280)
Sounds like a good high quality food brand to use. Pricing OK too - cheaper than the AA options linked to by elitetraveller.

AA offers all soft drinks for free. They also reinstated snacks all most US routes - nothing substantial but YES - they feed passengers. Link: https://www.americanairlines.co.uk/i...cabin-food.jsp

Who would even think 5 years ago that US carriers would be superior to European flag carriers:D

shefgab Sep 29, 2016 4:09 am

Much like Brexit, I was hoping that this wouldn't come to fruition :(

The whole idea of BoB is dissapointing, but even more so that even water will be charged for. The lack of free catering for BA Gold is also upsetting. Will BA improve their lounge offerings to enable status pax to BoB (bring on board)? IB lounges have loads of sandwiches and salads that are "good to go". I shall certainly be taking some drinks for the plane (mini cans galore!).

Over the past few years I've been flying more and more with Ryanair, but am happiliy paying up to £30-50 more for BA on a shorthual flight. The chances of that happening now are very slim.

After years of enhancements, taking the line "this is what our pax want" is just another kick in the teeth. Of course people are going to want "upgraded" catering when you swap a meal tray for an all day deli bag, then a lunch box, then a wrap, then to a single mini bag of crisps :o I think they'd find that most people would rather "free" than "paid for", not that they'd ever ask.