"Inhibited" with emergency exit row

Old Sep 28, 16, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
"Inhibited" with emergency exit row

Twice this week boarding was held up because my boarding pass caused "Inhibited" to pop up on the reader. Seemed easy enough to clear on the computer but certainly makes boarding all that much slower for everyone. The gate agent said it was merely due to emergency exit seat. Anyone else getting this or is something deeper going on with my account?
Old Sep 28, 16, 11:14 pm

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
Originally Posted by BobbySteel View Post
Twice this week boarding was held up because my boarding pass caused "Inhibited" to pop up on the reader. Seemed easy enough to clear on the computer but certainly makes boarding all that much slower for everyone. The gate agent said it was merely due to emergency exit seat. Anyone else getting this or is something deeper going on with my account?
Gate agent is right, just a visual check to ensure you are suitable for exit row.

On the other hand.... just because you aren't paranoid... doesn't mean they are not out to get you.
Old Sep 29, 16, 12:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This came in with FLY, the new dispatch system. You are most likely to encounter it if HBO and you don't use a BA operated lounge, since it may have been cleared down earlier than the gate in other scenarios.
Old Sep 29, 16, 12:46 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Its essential to check you haven't become disabled or got pregnant since you confirmed the same at check in.
Its based on customer feedback of course, and its for your benefit.
Old Sep 29, 16, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Great thanks. Sounds like lounge can clear then if I ask which is probably a sensible thing to do
Old Sep 29, 16, 2:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Great thanks. Sounds like lounge can clear then if I ask which is probably a sensible thing to do
Perhaps - but why should you have to ask them to do that to speed up boarding for their plane?! Surely the onus should be on the airline to sort it out.

I can confirm C-W-S's analysis above - happened to both my wife and I flying back from Nice on Sunday in the Exit Row (we had checked in online, HBO, non-BA Lounge) but not my Gran who checked in at the desk.
Old Sep 29, 16, 2:41 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It only takes a few extra seconds on boarding to be cleared, less time than it would take to ask the lounge agent about it. Why not just board as normal?
Old Sep 29, 16, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
My experience at Galleries First is that they are unable to clear the flag at the lounge and I had to do it at the gate. I hadn't asked, the same flag comes up when entering the lounge and the chap at the desk did his best to sort it out.
Old Sep 29, 16, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Only thing I'd add is to make sure that they don't clear it by declaring you not suitable... or 25B can be yours!
Old Sep 29, 16, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux View Post
It only takes a few extra seconds on boarding to be cleared, less time than it would take to ask the lounge agent about it. Why not just board as normal?
Long enough though for people behind to start tut-tutting and going around to the other agent. Maybe 15 seconds of fiddling around on their end.
Old Sep 29, 16, 3:22 am

I got booted out of my exit row a few weeks back,after online check in.Fortunately I managed to get it back at bag drop.

If this keeps happening I'm going to change my name to C-W-S.
Old Sep 29, 16, 3:32 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
better than "Inebriated"

I had a "beep" this weekend just gone flying to MAD. it was an A321 and the legroom was daft. 9A gets a ^ from me.

Said the obvious joke "I thought I was being moved forward to Club" only to be given the death stare
Old Sep 29, 16, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by tynmar View Post
I had a "beep" this weekend just gone flying to MAD. it was an A321 and the legroom was daft. 9A gets a ^ from me.

Said the obvious joke "I thought I was being moved forward to Club" only to be given the death stare
Smiles are buy-on-board only now.
Old Sep 29, 16, 3:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Long enough though for people behind to start tut-tutting and going around to the other agent. Maybe 15 seconds of fiddling around on their end.
Well that surprises me. There's a bleep, they have to press a Function key to display the message, the tab key and then Return. If it takes 2 seconds something has gone wrong (or may be the gate agent is new). There can be multiple messages however, and each needs to be processed in sequence.

Some gate agents used BA's previous system for 20 years or more, which by the time it got ported to modern PCs became lightning fast in operation, and so unsurprisingly it may take a few years before we get to that level of fluidity.
Old Sep 29, 16, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
I'm always in exit rows for shorthaul, always now get the bleep at the gate, no longer get excited about a possible upgrade ( ) and it's usually cleared within seconds. It's a sensible check in my opinion..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: