"Inhibited" with emergency exit row

Old Sep 29, 16, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Always get it in 2F on the 190s out of LCY.
Which normally makes me smile, considering the contortions one would have to go through to actually get to the emergancy exit.
Old Sep 29, 16, 5:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by furryman View Post
Always get it in 2F on the 190s out of LCY.
Which normally makes me smile, considering the contortions one would have to go through to actually get to the emergancy exit.
It's a bit chilly in 2F, but the emergency exit isn't an issue there.
Old Sep 29, 16, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
There's a bleep, they have to press a Function key to display the message, the tab key and then Return. If it takes 2 seconds something has gone wrong (or may be the gate agent is new).
This is my experience, too.
Old Sep 29, 16, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by BobbySteel View Post
Long enough though for people behind to start tut-tutting

and going around to the other agent.
Do people have no patience any more?
Old Sep 29, 16, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Sludge
Well that surprises me. There's a bleep, they have to press a Function key to display the message, the tab key and then Return. If it takes 2 seconds something has gone wrong (or may be the gate agent is new). There can be multiple messages however, and each needs to be processed in sequence.

Some gate agents used BA's previous system for 20 years or more, which by the time it got ported to modern PCs became lightning fast in operation, and so unsurprisingly it may take a few years before we get to that level of fluidity.
Flying home from Bari in the summer, we had all this beeping going on with both myself and the other half being exit row. The staff seemed utterly perplexed by the sound, as if they'd never heard a beep or used a computer before. Cut to lots of time taken staring at screens, whispering and so on. It was certainly a lot longer than a few seconds. Check-in had taken forever leaving precious little time for booze consumption in the airport and then the actual boarding took an absolute eternity. It would've been quicker to walk back to Gatwick while dragging a fully laden A320 behind us.
Old Sep 29, 16, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I had that a few weeks ago and was curious... at least I know now for my next trips
Old Sep 29, 16, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
It's a bit chilly in 2F, but the emergency exit isn't an issue there.
LOL - 2D of course!
Old Sep 29, 16, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Long enough though for people behind to start tut-tutting and going around to the other agent. Maybe 15 seconds of fiddling around on their end.
A 15 second wait and they were tut-tutting?

Thank God I don't fly much.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: