FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   "Inhibited" with emergency exit row (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793608-inhibited-emergency-exit-row.html)

furryman Sep 29, 16 5:14 am

Always get it in 2F on the 190s out of LCY.
Which normally makes me smile, considering the contortions one would have to go through to actually get to the emergancy exit.

corporate-wage-slave Sep 29, 16 5:16 am

Originally Posted by furryman (Post 27278776)
Always get it in 2F on the 190s out of LCY.
Which normally makes me smile, considering the contortions one would have to go through to actually get to the emergancy exit.

It's a bit chilly in 2F, but the emergency exit isn't an issue there.

Globaliser Sep 29, 16 5:16 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27278502)
There's a bleep, they have to press a Function key to display the message, the tab key and then Return. If it takes 2 seconds something has gone wrong (or may be the gate agent is new).

This is my experience, too.

Ditto Sep 29, 16 6:07 am

Originally Posted by BobbySteel (Post 27278434)
Long enough though for people behind to start tut-tutting

:td: :td:

and going around to the other agent.

Do people have no patience any more?

f4monty Sep 29, 16 8:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27278502)
Well that surprises me. There's a bleep, they have to press a Function key to display the message, the tab key and then Return. If it takes 2 seconds something has gone wrong (or may be the gate agent is new). There can be multiple messages however, and each needs to be processed in sequence.

Some gate agents used BA's previous system for 20 years or more, which by the time it got ported to modern PCs became lightning fast in operation, and so unsurprisingly it may take a few years before we get to that level of fluidity.

Flying home from Bari in the summer, we had all this beeping going on with both myself and the other half being exit row. The staff seemed utterly perplexed by the sound, as if they'd never heard a beep or used a computer before. Cut to lots of time taken staring at screens, whispering and so on. It was certainly a lot longer than a few seconds. Check-in had taken forever leaving precious little time for booze consumption in the airport and then the actual boarding took an absolute eternity. It would've been quicker to walk back to Gatwick while dragging a fully laden A320 behind us.

aidy Sep 29, 16 1:15 pm

I had that a few weeks ago and was curious... at least I know now for my next trips

furryman Sep 29, 16 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27278783)
It's a bit chilly in 2F, but the emergency exit isn't an issue there.

LOL - 2D of course!

HIDDY Sep 29, 16 6:27 pm

Long enough though for people behind to start tut-tutting and going around to the other agent. Maybe 15 seconds of fiddling around on their end.

A 15 second wait and they were tut-tutting?

Thank God I don't fly much. :D