Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]

Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orbitmic
BAEC text is now confirming that after the forthcoming changes, TP and Avios for flights marketed as "domestic first" on two class aircrafts (ie everything except transcontinental flagship on all JFK-LAX vv, all JFK-SFO vv, and the MIA-LAX flights operated by a 77W) will accrue on a business class basis, ie 40TPs or 140TPs on flights over 2000mi and corresponding avios.

Seems it has been confirmed! Details in this post #254

(This is a thread that is really crying out for a wiki. Edit to your heart's content!)

Print Wikipost

Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]

Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
-----

Last edited by aysoo; Mar 1, 2017 at 6:36 am
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by dylanks
Confirmed, unfortunately. See screenshot (I added the bolding effect):

So given the changes which happened quite some time ago - is there knowledge of anyone who booked before the changes, travelled after them still getting the original TPs?

Just holding on for some sort hope when I head off to PTY a fortnight today

Last edited by mkcol; Mar 15, 2017 at 9:37 am Reason: forgot to subscribe to replies
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mkcol
So given the changes which happened quite some time ago - is there knowledge of anyone who booked before the changes, travelled after them still getting the original TPs?

Just holding on for some sort hope when I head off to PTY a fortnight today
no i had multiple flights booked before announcement and flown after and all got reduced TPS and avios
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:53 am

Drat!
I'll really have to re-do my sums in case I need to squeeze in a TLL or two. I'm strongly suspecting there's no way to appeal to BA to raise a claim for what we thought we would be earning, given that it was in essence a glitch of the system.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Has anyone raised it with BA and asked for higher TPs though?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
I know a a good handful of people that have, none have succeeded of the ones who've followed up with me (which is not all of them.)
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by KARFA
I tried, and was and nothing could be done.

M
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I know a a good handful of people that have, none have succeeded of the ones who've followed up with me (which is not all of them.)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I tried, and was and nothing could be done.

M
Thanks for the update.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:49 am

Ah well - thanks for the replies. I'll let it go then.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Jusf received a myflights notification. My domestic AA flights this summer have changed fare code again. Originally booked in A (domestic first) they were then changed to D (business) as expected. However, they have now changed again to I (still business). I know this should make no difference to TPs and avios earned but not sure exactly why the change has happened. Anybody else had a change of fare code? (Could be related to a request to change flights but this has not happened yet so not sure if the two are connected.)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by madfish
Jusf received a myflights notification. My domestic AA flights this summer have changed fare code again. Originally booked in A (domestic first) they were then changed to D (business) as expected. However, they have now changed again to I (still business). I know this should make no difference to TPs and avios earned but not sure exactly why the change has happened. Anybody else had a change of fare code? (Could be related to a request to change flights but this has not happened yet so not sure if the two are connected.)
How did you manage to add an AA booking to myflightsapp?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by florens
How did you manage to add an AA booking to myflightsapp?
If you have a BA/AY/IB sector in your itinerary, you can add the relevant PNR on MyFlights and it tracks updates to this PNR, not the AA Sabre one.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by rossmacd
If you have a BA/AY/IB sector in your itinerary, you can add the relevant PNR on MyFlights and it tracks updates to this PNR, not the AA Sabre one.
Ah, I see. I have an all-AA itinerary..
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by madfish
Yes on my PTY run a few weeks ago some of mine had changed to I, some hadn't. Not really sure why either but certainly didn't affect the earning.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I was quite shocked last night ending up with a 2 class A321S from LAX-MIA. Actual food offered, menus, an amenity kit I discovered I had been sitting on after landing and IFE screens.
Saw A321 on the app and just assumed ex-US Airways with no power, entertainment etc. so a nicer 140TP there. Still couldn't really get that comfortable.

AA seem have put most of my flights at the E gates including E33 that couldn't be further away from anything

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.