Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Flying Start Celebration Champagne Reception

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Flying Start Celebration Champagne Reception

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
So is any FT'ers going tonight....? Myself and OH going.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
A mini 'trip report' from the event last night.

It was a very good event. Many thanks to BA for the invitation.

The event was held at the BT Tower which I was lucky to attend once before for a Children In Need event and certainly worth a visit if you ever get an invite to something. BA cabin and flight crew were welcoming guests at the ground floor reception and guiding to the lifts to the revolving area at the top.

Champagne (Castelnau) was flowing well and there was a number of Flying Start ambassadors in attendance such as Gary Linekar, Clare Balding and Darcey Bussell, with close up magic entertainment from Richard Jones winner of BGT. Tony Hadley sang a number of well known songs.

Troy Warfield greeted guests and was quite amiable. Generally the event was definitely about celebrating the fundraising achievement and thanking the staff. I met a couple of (very) frequent flyers and also chatted to people from the company that administers the Executive Club and the other IAG schemes.

It was especially pleasing to talk to people from Flying Start within BA and see the passion for what it achieves through Comic Relief, and to talk about my own experience from townships outside Cape Town and another event I attended recently for a charity for Nepal. It was heartening to hear about the immediate attention Flying Start gave after the terrible events in Nepal last year.

All the BA staff were attending on their own time and it was great to hear (and read on the Flying Start site) about the positive engagement Flying Start has from all staff areas in BA for a really great cause.

Again thanks to BA for a very nice evening to celebrate the great achievement so far.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
A mini 'trip report' from the event last night.

It was a very good event. Many thanks to BA for the invitation.

The event was held at the BT Tower which I was lucky to attend once before for a Children In Need event and certainly worth a visit if you ever get an invite to something. BA cabin and flight crew were welcoming guests at the ground floor reception and guiding to the lifts to the revolving area at the top.

Champagne (Castelnau) was flowing well and there was a number of Flying Start ambassadors in attendance such as Gary Linekar, Clare Balding and Darcey Bussell, with close up magic entertainment from Richard Jones winner of BGT. Tony Hadley sang a number of well known songs.

Troy Warfield greeted guests and was quite amiable. Generally the event was definitely about celebrating the fundraising achievement and thanking the staff. I met a couple of (very) frequent flyers and also chatted to people from the company that administers the Executive Club and the other IAG schemes.

It was especially pleasing to talk to people from Flying Start within BA and see the passion for what it achieves through Comic Relief, and to talk about my own experience from townships outside Cape Town and another event I attended recently for a charity for Nepal. It was heartening to hear about the immediate attention Flying Start gave after the terrible events in Nepal last year.

All the BA staff were attending on their own time and it was great to hear (and read on the Flying Start site) about the positive engagement Flying Start has from all staff areas in BA for a really great cause.

Again thanks to BA for a very nice evening to celebrate the great achievement so far.
Sorry to miss you David. I thought was a great evening.

Spoke to Troy - actually very sensible, and was clear that improvements needed to be made in the premium experience.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Troy Warfield is an actual person's name?

You can't possibly make that up!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Is anyone going to this year's event on Nov 16th?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
The cynic in me wonders if this is actually paid for by BA or is paid for out of the donations from Flying Start?
TheOldMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.