Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any way to book AA Y out and BA WT+ return?

Any way to book AA Y out and BA WT+ return?

Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Question Any way to book AA Y out and BA WT+ return?

Does anyone know a way to book AA Y out and BA WT+ back?

I want to fly to DEN in May and there is a good fare of 800 for AA Y out and BA WT+ return. Problem is that ba.com only quotes the AA flights as BA codeshares, and I need them AA-coded to be able to upgrade (using a SWU).

A BA agent said that they could not sell the flights AA-coded (and in any case quoted the normal T fare rather than the WT+ QKW8S4T1/DIF4 sale fare ). An AA agent could sell the flights, but also at the normal fare.

Does anyone know of an online travel agency that is able to sell mixed class flights (I tried calling Exoedia and Opodo)? Or of an agent who has access to BA sale fares?

[I noticed that ITA does not find this BA T sale fare. The fare rules say it is valid for a specified account code.]
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Why not just call AA?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Why not just call AA?
I did call AA, who (to the agent's surprise) could book the BA WT+ flight, but quoted the normal T fare (an extra 200).

I am not sure how common it is for BA sale fares to only be available online?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by nbevan
I did call AA, who (to the agent's surprise) could book the BA WT+ flight, but quoted the normal T fare (an extra 200).

I am not sure how common it is for BA sale fares to only be available online?
Those DIF fares appear only to be available online. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...le-ba-com.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rading-wt.html for some discussion about this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.