Search

WTP to NYC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-GOLD
WTP to NYC

Hi all,

I am booking a quick trip to New York from LHR for a birthday party in WTP in January. Ideally I would like to not be stuck in an old style seat with the old entertainment system.

I've done some research in this forum, but a some posts are quite outdated now, I was hoping someone might have some new advice.

Obviously I could choose the 787 flight to EWR, but the time of that outbound flight is not great. Therefore:
- Of the remaining 777 flights, are any more likely to be 2010 WTP?
- Of the 747 flights to JFK, what are the chances that they will be re refreshed 2000 WTP? And what does refreshed really mean?

Many thanks
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:58 am

You could probably take an ex-EU in business for similar cost, if you so desired.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
787 in WT+ and re-arrange your timings.... Otherwise there are too many variables.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yes this is Flyertalk you're on, so we'd all wait for an Ex-EU sale (DUB, CPH etc) and fly in J for <£900, whereas the current fares for WT+ from LHR in January are a minimum of £1.1k

I like to think that the extra time you spend on a B2B is made up for with the additional rest you get in a proper lie-flat
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
January beyond 4/5/6 ish is rarely covered in the usual exEU sales though... best chance would be a standard advance purchase fare from DUB, CPH etc booking now? When in January?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sstolp
- Of the 747 flights to JFK, what are the chances that they will be re refreshed 2000 WTP? And what does refreshed really mean?
Look at the seat map. An 86J aircraft (with the WT+ cabin aft) will have been refreshed. A 52J aircraft (with the WT+ cabin immediately aft of First) will not.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...olled-out.html for most of the discussion about what's been done to the 86Js.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:47 am

I did a lot of JFK-LHR flying in the latter half of last year, mostly in WTP and selecting 777 flights whenever I could because, this being before the rollout of the 86J 744s, I knew only 777s might have the new IFE. I don't know if every 777 that could appear on that route has the new IFE but my experience was I never had a flight with the old IFE out of over I'd say at least a dozen on 777s.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Slightly off thread here..

Flying from LHR-JFK on Thurs 22nd (BA 173) Just wondering if this is one of the updated 747's with the new Panasonic IFE? Looked on BAsource, but they seem to be having server issues..many thxs
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jock
Slightly off thread here..

Flying from LHR-JFK on Thurs 22nd (BA 173) Just wondering if this is one of the updated 747's with the new Panasonic IFE? Looked on BAsource, but they seem to be having server issues..many thxs
Yes, it is currently showing as a Super J 747 which will have the new IFE.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:11 am

Also, you can often get Y out and J back for the price of round-trip in WTP. That would be my preference (if not doing an ex-EU).
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:21 am

Or MAN JFK on AA business for £1350ish
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Alun
Or MAN JFK on AA business for £1350ish
100% this. It will be angle-flat, but that beats WTP.

I think a JFK trip is a little short to warrant ex-EU (others here will still happily do it), so if I had no other choice I'd look to UUA which should be pretty easy going to JFK as there's plenty of J availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.