HMS Colossus wreck

Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:55 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
When doing my LHR - ARN flights, it shows the most recent shipwreck that I've ever noticed on the moving map, Wilhelm Gustloff, that was torpedoed in 1945.

As far as I know, this is still the largest loss of life in one single ship being lost.

Which shipwrecks being shown, is as far as I know not down to BA, but down to Rockwell Collins, who are behind the moving map.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:01 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Did the moving map even exist back in the 1980s?
Yes it did, but it was the paper version and getting it to move was entirely down to each individual user.

I found that folding it in to an airplane made it move faster and longer than it otherwise would have.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
I always love the fact that Chartwell is highlighted as the only notable place in the south east (not even sure London shows past a certain zoom-out?), confusing visitors to the UK when they fly in. Yes it has the Churchill link but hardly the go-to place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.