TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Old May 30, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA

are you saying you don’t have a BA PNR? If you have BA operated flights you should do, and if you have a BA PNR there should be an ability to edit the APIS
I have an Amadeus PNR that lets me into the booking and I was able to select seats. But then I was unable to enter API data from ba.com.

Though it's not ticketed yet, so that might be the issue.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Markie
Worked Ok for me at JFK on Monday at T7, although the agent forgot to stamp the BP has he had forgotten that BA had joined.
Shoes on, liquids in, laptops out.
Caveat for that line - I was there last week (flying AS) and someone in front of me had a Precheck BP printed from the AA website (even though it showed the actual BA flight number). It would not register on the TSA reader. The sympathetic agent told her she had to go back up front to BA for a new BP, but she could cut back to the front of the line when she was done.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
My LHR-JFK flight had TSA Pre printed at the top, which was rather confusing and odd!

M
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
My LHR-JFK flight had TSA Pre printed at the top, which was rather confusing and odd!

M
Did that mean you avoided the security theater questions?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by aidy
Did that mean you avoided the security theater questions?
It made absolutely no difference whatsoever!

LHR was LHR.

M
aidy likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
How Pre looks at JFK at the moment.

Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
Mrs Wherryman and I travelled LHR-JFK-LHR last weekend. For LHR-JFK both boarding passes had TSA Pre at the top. For JFK-LHR only mine did. Irritating and confusing and odd!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
TSA Pre was actually open at BWI for Piers D/E - and empty too, so took just a few seconds to get through - much improved (i.e. can't last!).
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Delighted to note that all our AA sectors this last week were all TSA Pre✓ ... booked with BA on a 125- ticket. Clearly age hath its privileges, along with BA Gold and flying AA F/J .

Only needed to use once, for an airside cigarette break at PHL on the way home!
FeedbirdNiner likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada

As mentioned in a separate thread and in order to provide a data point, I can confirm that there is no dedicated TSA Pre line at EWR/Terminal B for British Airways (Gates 51-58), but any TSA Pre eligible passenger will get instead a TSA Pre “Lite Experience instead.

The TSA Agent who checks your passport & boarding pass will hand you an orange TSA Pre card that will allow you to: (i) keep your shoes, (ii) keep your belt, (iii) keep the liquids & laptop inside your bag (inconsistent though as some passengers were asked to remove their laptop and put it in a separate bin).

There are two lines (left & right) and both have the full bodyscan machine and the regular metal detector. Depending on which lane you chose and how busy the line is, you may go through the full bodyscan (with shoes & belt) or just the metal detector. Once again, not a general rule as it depends on the TSA Agents...

Not too bad (you get to keep shoes & belt), but not awesome either (no dedicated TSA Pre lane, you are mixed with the general queue).

Cheers,
-vinnyc
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AA, BA, Virgin
TSA pre on connection from LHR

Well, I'm now waiting to board BA069 to PHL with an onward connection to MIA on AA415. I have TSA printed in the first leg BP (which of course is useless) but not on the second (which of course is vital!)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nohatman
Well, I'm now waiting to board BA069 to PHL with an onward connection to MIA on AA415. I have TSA printed in the first leg BP (which of course is useless) but not on the second (which of course is vital!)
Have you gone to AA.com, brought up your booking there using the AA PNR, and added your KTN to it?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: AA, BA, Virgin
Originally Posted by KARFA
Have you gone to AA.com, brought up your booking there using the AA PNR, and added your KTN to it?
That waswa speedy response! And iI' hoped this might be the trick to resolve the issue but I checked on AA.com and the KTNs are already there.

I had an hour long check-in in the T5 first class area today because the agent could see the booking but didn't have a record of any electronic ticket issue. Maybe that's connected but I still don't see why there would ever be a reason to print TSA PRE on a boarding pass for a LHR departure. I'll try to get a reprint in Philly but with a 9pm arrival and just an 8 hour layover I doubt it will happen. Just have to hope that security at PHL is simple at 4am.

My wife and I are both UK citizens and residents and both have Global Entry. I'm AAdvantage EXP.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nohatman
That waswa speedy response! And iI' hoped this might be the trick to resolve the issue but I checked on AA.com and the KTNs are already there.

I had an hour long check-in in the T5 first class area today because the agent could see the booking but didn't have a record of any electronic ticket issue. Maybe that's connected but I still don't see why there would ever be a reason to print TSA PRE on a boarding pass for a LHR departure. I'll try to get a reprint in Philly but with a 9pm arrival and just an 8 hour layover I doubt it will happen. Just have to hope that security at PHL is simple at 4am.

My wife and I are both UK citizens and residents and both have Global Entry. I'm AAdvantage EXP.
Ah ok. So yes if you either get your AA bp from the AA app or get it reprinted by an AA agent in PHL it should correctly show TSA PRE.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:13 am

Global Entry in Canada

Are UK citizens allowed to use Global Entry kiosks for entry into Canada (YYZ) ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.