Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Shame it won't be working out of T7 at JFK for a while

But it does in a way. You can at least keep your shoes and belt on.
Markie likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Upupintheair

I don't think the premium security line at T7 is permitting this yet
Old May 17, 2018, 8:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Is that confirmed yet?

I didn't think there was a separate TSApre line at the main security. At priority security you could operate it as mixed if they have a system of distinguishing those with tsapre from those without (usually involves giving you a card or similar to show the tsa agent at the security scanner which is what is done elsewhere). Has it been confirmed that is what is now happening at T7? (sorry if someone has already addressed this)
Old May 17, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert
I don't think the premium security line at T7 is permitting this yet
Yes it does. Travelled through T7 last week and could keep my shoes on.
godsavethepoints likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:38 am

Yes it does. Travelled through T7 last week and could keep my shoes on.
how does it work then? the agent checking your passport gives you something or you show your bp to the agent at the scanner?
T8191 likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
For maybe 2 holidays in the USA each year, as leisure travellers with no meetings/conferences to get to? I’ve considered and rejected the idea numerous times ... especially as in the past we have been ‘gifted’ TSA Pre anyway (although I so understand that my be changing).

I can see the appeal of GE/TSA Pre, especially for busy folks for whom it’s borderline essential. As leisure pax, nice to have but perhaps less important. But these days the delays we encounter at Immigration are fairly trivial ... and flying ex-DUB with pre-clearance [as we often do] eliminates Arrival stress anyway.
The ex-DUB is probably the key. I am usually coming in through ORD which always seems to be crowded so GE is good even for a couple of times a year. It will be nice to have Pre-Check for BA departures as well now. I don't know how the 'gifted' Pre-Check will end up as age seems to be a qualifying factor. The Pre-Check "lite" that comes with age is only a marginal benefit, it's not having to unpack that is really nice.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
how does it work then? the agent checking your passport gives you something or you show your bp to the agent at the scanner?
The agent who checks your passport told be to show the other agent at the scanner. Did this and he called out to the other agent standing at the metal detector that I had pre check. I had to take my BP with me so I could show it to the metal detector agent. All in a matter of seconds. Went very quickly.
T8191 and KARFA like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by KARFA
This happens at a number of US airports or security checkpoints without a designated Pre-Check lane. You receive a laminated card which allows you to wear your shoes and light jacket (or something similar to that) but you still have to remove liquids and laptops from your bag before sending it down the conveyor. Then you hand the card to the TSA employee at the checkpoint and you are directed through the metal detector rather than the millimetre wave scanner (though this is just an example -- I don't know if the procedure is the same everywhere).
KARFA likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
This happens at a number of US airports or security checkpoints without a designated Pre-Check lane. You receive a laminated card which allows you to wear your shoes and light jacket (or something similar to that) but you still have to remove liquids and laptops from your bag before sending it down the conveyor. Then you hand the card to the TSA employee at the checkpoint and you are directed through the metal detector rather than the millimetre wave scanner (though this is just an example -- I don't know if the procedure is the same everywhere).
I did not receive a card, just showed my BP. That was enough.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Yes I know, have experienced that myself, hence my comment in post 423. what i didn't know is whether they were doing it at T7 yet, but thanks to Upupintheair who has confirmed they are, albeit based on showing the tsapre on your bp rather than getting a laminated card ^
Upupintheair likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!

The agent who checks your passport told be to show the other agent at the scanner. Did this and he called out to the other agent standing at the metal detector that I had pre check. I had to take my BP with me so I could show it to the metal detector agent. All in a matter of seconds. Went very quickly.
We’ve had this a couple of times. Large laminated card ...I’m almost certain it was CLT, after we’d popped landside for a cigarette during long-ish layovers.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
We’ve had this a couple of times. Large laminated card ...I’m almost certain it was CLT, after we’d popped landside for a cigarette during long-ish layovers.
That is just the “beware smoker” alert card ...
T8191 and KARFA like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Just had my regular TSA updates email ...

British Airways is now on the TSA Pre ✔️ listing.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/participating-airlines
Excellent - wasn't there when I checked this morning! ^
Old May 17, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Excellent - wasn't there when I checked this morning! ^
Came through at 13:47 on my email, so not surprised you missed it!
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:29 pm

My existing TA bookings have the KTN in there now, but I don't see any way to add it to my BAEC profile. Am I blind, or have they not added that functionality yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.