Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Having just gone to update APIS information on a flight to the US in July, it appears you can now add your KTN on that screen to your booking.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, however following this thread I don't think it has...
EDIflyer and Steve_ZA like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Looks like the KTN option popped up overnight: it wasn't there yesterday mid-afternoon.
Old May 15, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
Having just gone to update APIS information on a flight to the US in July, it appears you can now add your KTN on that screen to your booking.
Sorry if this has already been pointed out, however following this thread I don't think it has...
For my BA flight booked through AA, I had completed the APIS information already but when I viewed that information this morning the KTN field was not only present but already filled in. It must have either been passed over by AA or BA is able to retrieve it based on my passport number.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
Well spotted, though I can't get to my core API record on BA.com at the moment ("Sorry....." yadayada) to see if there is a permanent field for it within BAEC.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well spotted, though I can't get to my core API record on BA.com at the moment ("Sorry....." yadayada) to see if there is a permanent field for it within BAEC.
I have the same problem and it has been like that for a while now, thought it may be related to adding the required KTN field and maybe they broke something while doing that.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I have the same problem and it has been like that for a while now, thought it may be related to adding the required KTN field and maybe they broke something while doing that.
I was able to access my details on BA.com and there is no KTN field in the APIS data as of this morning.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
I also had issues with accessing my bookings through the website. Just found out that if I enter 'manage my booking' (of a US booking) through the app and then click on add/edit API it takes you to details about your passport and there is a field for KTN. Managed to add and save there.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I also cannot access my personal information but I added it to the API for my next trip, selected add it to my personal information, and it was filled in on a subsequent trip as well.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Can't view my personal information - as above, 'Sorry....' and it redirects me back to the BA home page.

As for the APIS data for upcoming TATL flights (checked 5 out of 8 of them) - just shows all the fields as blank with no KTN field. This is a recurring problem that although MMB says it has all the information, none of my API actually appears on the bookings (!). Check-in takes a wee bit longer as a consequence... .
Old May 15, 2018, 9:11 am

From the BA website when you click on "More about TSA Precheck."

We’re unable to save the number to your ba.com account at this time so you will need to add your number for each flight.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:17 am
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
The KTE number shows up right next to the Redress one in the API section for a booking a just made this morning but not for any of my older ones. Looks like they're still in the process of rolling it out.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Confirmed. KTN can now be entered. This booking was made six months ago so applicable to old bookings as well.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:39 am

Just did it too for a booking made 6months ago when I go to MMB APIS view/change it you can then add a KTN before redress number.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Did not even have to enter as already carried over.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,Amex Plat & BA, MR Plat, HH Diamond, accor Gold
TSA Pre✓ with British Airways

To use TSA Precheck with British Airways:
  • Add your trusted traveller programme number to your Advance Passenger Information at least three days before your flight is due to depart the US.
  • Print your own boarding pass or collect it at the airport. (Please note that mobile boarding passes are not currently TSA PreCheck enabled).
The TSA screens each flight so this does not guarantee you access to the Precheck lane. Your authorisation, if granted, will be shown on your boarding pass. We’re unable to save the number to your ba.com account at this time so you will need to add your number for each flight.About TSA Pre✓

TSA Pre✓, or TSA Precheck, enables travellers to go through a faster, simpler security screening at US airports where there’s no need to take off shoes, belts or jackets or remove liquids and laptops from bags. To be eligible, you must have registered for one of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) trusted traveller programmes (TSA✓, Global Entry, NEXUS and SENTRI)

This appeared when I enter my KTN.
EDIflyer, rossmacd, Shl and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.