Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NorthUistFlyer
. She indicated that it would be phased in and it would be by airport initially.
What I think that relates to is that some BA locations don't have Pre-Check lines yet (or they aren't staffed when BA is running its services), but others do. So I would guess places like BOS, MIA, PHL and IAD will be early adopters.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What I think that relates to is that some BA locations don't have Pre-Check lines yet (or they aren't staffed when BA is running its services), but others do. So I would guess places like BOS, MIA, PHL and IAD will be early adopters.
Funny as I have GE and asked yesterday at IAD checkin about TSA-Pre. Was told there it was the US government who BA were waiting on to approve this. I haven't delved into the details so didn't challenge this but it didn't feel completely accurate.
As it stands the west gate security was virtually empty and TSA-Pre would have been of little value. PHL I think would be really useful there, usually a bit of a dogfight going through security.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Also hoping that it's an IAG wide thing. I'm MAD based so IB would be insanely helpful.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:51 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:49 am
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would hope ORD would be on the list. T5 has a precheck security line and BA has 2 daily flights.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by markle
BOS doesn't yet have a Pre-Check line in Terminal E, apparently as there isn't sufficient volume of passengers on carriers supporting TSA Pre.

When flying on VS with TSA Pre in Jan, TSA Pre translated to:

- Stamp on your BP
- Use of biz class line to have your BP / passport checked
- Show your stamped BP to the TSA person at the x-ray
- Keep your shoes on / laptop in bag etc (but on same x-ray as everyone else)
- Use metal detector instead of full-body scanner
When the TSA say they have rolled out Pre check to 180 airports, including what seems like farm airstrips, the procedure you mention is often deployed. At some airports they hustle you to the front of the queue too. In fact I've had it at the AA pseudo flight connection centre in MIA. I swear I speak more Spanish in Florida than I do in the Iberian peninsular.

With Cathay, Copa and others in E on Pre Check in BOS, I'm told a proper area is going to be arranged in the near future.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
I was at the US Embasy last week for my interview and got told the same - that BA will be participating by the summer.

Related but OT, I was approved in the interview but I’ve not had any email confirmation and the website still says waiting for interview. It’s been a week now / is that normal?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
I was at the US Embasy last week for my interview and got told the same - that BA will be participating by the summer.

Related but OT, I was approved in the interview but I’ve not had any email confirmation and the website still says waiting for interview. It’s been a week now / is that normal?
No I wouldn't say it was normal.

I had mine yesterday and the email was sent 90 minutes later - the officer said her system was slow but I should expect it by close of business. On another blog I post on someone reported that the email arrived by the time they left the interview room and leaving the embassy building!

Best check the FAQs on what to do but they do say that even after the interview you may still not be approved but I would expect your TTP account to indicate that.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:48 pm

At London this week. Never actually asked the lady about BA but said we normally fly BA so no TSA-Pre. She said if it was codeshare on AA we would be ok but never mentioned BA joining in the summer. I hope that is not a bad omen on delays on joining. A we had spring then summer now ... I was approved whilst talking to her. She said email may be delayed by upto 24 hours but it had already come through. Email followed shortly.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
No I wouldn't say it was normal.

I had mine yesterday and the email was sent 90 minutes later - the officer said her system was slow but I should expect it by close of business. On another blog I post on someone reported that the email arrived by the time they left the interview room and leaving the embassy building!

Best check the FAQs on what to do but they do say that even after the interview you may still not be approved but I would expect your TTP account to indicate that.
I was told during the interview that I was approved and the email came about 30 mins later.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by ibbitsc

I'm the same. I had my interview a week ago. Was told I was approved. But I've also not had any email confirmation. Have you had yours yet?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Interestingly, I flew LAX-LHR on BA0268 (ticketed as AA6179) two weeks ago. I checked in on aa.com and printed my boarding pass, complete with Pre-Check confirmation. Then I made the mistake of entering security at TBIT (where there was no Pre-Check queue) rather than at Terminal 4. Perhaps this is not new, but it was the first time I flew BA with Pre-Check.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, the lady at the US Embassy confirmed that AA let you enter your number into an AA booking even if a flight is operated by BA and so benefit from TSA Pre. So presumably it’ll be there automatically if it’s stored in your profile.

In the meantime, despite being told in my interview that I was being approved, my status still hasn’t changed after some days.
If you had a delay did your status change to approved eventually? Or did you locate any contact channel to chase it up?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have GE and find that it never works well with AA when using my BAEC on the booking. In MCO late last year I had to go back to the desk and wait while lots of key tapping was done to finally print the TSA-Pre bording passes for a couple of domestic legs. Yesterday at JFK I again didn't have TSA-Pre on the domestic legs, and despite the efforts of the AA Flagship bit of the terminal they couldn't get them printed with it. They did have someone walk me to the front of the line, but that was just the initial check, I still ended up in the normal line removing electronics, shoes and liquids, and that after a tedious badly managed queue.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:31 pm
TMC

Programs: United 1K, BA Silver, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by anyuser
I was told during the interview that I was approved and the email came about 30 mins later.
I had exactly the same last week I was told in the room I was approved, received email when I checked my phone heading to the elevators with approval showing on the Trusted Traveller Programme site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.