Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 1:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sonoranjerseygirl
Just to confirm, at this point, the only way to enter our KTN is by calling BA or having it entered at airport check in?
Yes, as far as I know, if it is a purely BA booking and you don't have access to a corporate GDS. The airport seems to be good enough, there doesn't appear to be much benefit in ringing in.

If BA are slow to amend the BA.com database (though I bet it is a priority) then I imagine someone like Finnair or Qantas will do so first, but I haven't found an airline on Amadeus that is doing it yet.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Gold; IHG Plat AMB
My response from the usually brilliant Twitter team when asked to add my KTN to my US bookings:

We're sorry to disappoint you, however British Airways isn't involved in the Known Traveller Number programme and so we're unable to add the information to your booking, boarding pass or Executive Club account information.
The TSA website has FAQs which tell you the airlines that are involved, available using the link below, and lots of other information on the programme: TSA Pre-checked FAQs.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, as far as I know, if it is a purely BA booking and you don't have access to a corporate GDS. The airport seems to be good enough, there doesn't appear to be much benefit in ringing in.

If BA are slow to amend the BA.com database (though I bet it is a priority) then I imagine someone like Finnair or Qantas will do so first, but I haven't found an airline on Amadeus that is doing it yet.
We're sorry to disappoint you, however British Airways isn't involved in the Known Traveller Number programme and so we're unable to add the information to your booking, boarding pass or Executive Club account information.

The TSA website has FAQs which tell you the airlines that are involved, available using the link below, and lots of other information on the programme :TSA Pre-checked FAQs. ^Gill

The above reply r3garding adding my KTN to a booking was received from BA today on Twitter. It really does seem to be a case of elbow and another part of the human anatomy. Given the monopoly on LHR slots to the US that BA enjoys I am not optimistic that it will become a straightforward process any time soon
Old May 13, 2018, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PlnCzy
My response from the usually brilliant Twitter team when asked to add my KTN to my US bookings:
Originally Posted by Definitas
It really does seem to be a case of elbow and another part of the human anatomy.
Oh dear. Give it a few more weeks, it is not unusual when FT runs ahead of staff knowledge. I just wish more of the Social Media team in Newcastle lurked in this forum..... (some do!).
Old May 13, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I just wish more of the Social Media team in Newcastle lurked in this forum..... (some do!).
can’t you nip round and educate them?
Old May 13, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Physci

can’t you nip round and educate them?
As far as I know, the FlyerTalk training programme for BA staff has not been established yet...
Brighterside and wrp96 like this.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Also had success at the SJC check-in desk on Friday where they were happy to add my KTN to the boarding pass. As it only takes a few seconds to add there isn't much point phoning in.
Old May 13, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Also had success at the SJC check-in desk on Friday where they were happy to add my KTN to the boarding pass. As it only takes a few seconds to add there isn't much point phoning in.
I travelled AA using my BAEC number in the past week from SJC to PHX and to SJC from LAX , internal to USA, and got PreAuth. I don't have GE, so don't know why I got this? What is a Known Traveller Number and how acquired?

I also had pre auth on my ( separately ticketed) LHR-SJC flight, but not SJC-LHR. No issues tho as SJC was very easy to clear security, and I think an other FTer was just in front of me yesterday.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingjock

I travelled AA using my BAEC number in the past week from SJC to PHX and to SJC from LAX , internal to USA, and got PreAuth. I don't have GE, so don't know why I got this? What is a Known Traveller Number and how acquired?

I also had pre auth on my ( separately ticketed) LHR-SJC flight, but not SJC-LHR. No issues tho as SJC was very easy to clear security, and I think an other FTer was just in front of me yesterday.
Global Entry (GE) is a "trusted traveller" program which gets you expedited immigration and customs clearance at the US border. There are several threads about it. As a by-product you also get TSA Pre-Check for US airport security. It is available to citizens of several nations see https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...s/global-entry for more information. You may get Pre-Check randomly based on travel habits, age, phase of the moon, and other intangibles.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:05 pm

SEA-TAC experiences?

Has anyone had any luck with getting a KTN added to a BA-only booking (no other carriers, not codeshare) at SEA check-in?

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingjock

In addition to what MADPhil posted, and to answer this question specifically, a KTN is your identification number in the Trusted Traveller Program. Typically you add this number to your frequent flyer profile for a TSA Pre participating airline or directly onto a reservation for a flight.
MADPhil and wanderingjock like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
For those wanting to add their KTNs at the airport who may encounter an agent who isn't familiar with it yet, the basic Amadeus entry for them to use is SRDOCOBAHK1--K-XXXXXXXXX/P1 where X is your 9-11 character KTN. The --K- part of the entry doesn't change.

If they need further information, the Amadeus help pages have HEDOCO (MS295) and HETSA, but the formats on those pages have more information than necessary.

I'm not sure if call centre agents are able to add these in Pegasus yet.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
For those wanting to add their KTNs at the airport who may encounter an agent who isn't familiar with it yet, the basic Amadeus entry for them to use is SRDOCOBAHK1--K-XXXXXXXXX/P1 where X is your 9-11 character KTN. The --K- part of the entry doesn't change.

If they need further information, the Amadeus help pages have HEDOCO (MS295) and HETSA, but the formats on those pages have more information than necessary.

I'm not sure if call centre agents are able to add these in Pegasus yet.
Perfect - thanks. Although I don't expect any issues, it's good to have this info just in case.

rb211.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
I was told at LAX tonight that it wasn’t coming online for them for another couple of weeks. Hmmmm.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by AdBoy
I was told at LAX tonight that it wasn’t coming online for them for another couple of weeks. Hmmmm.
... but yet I had TSApre on my BP leaving LAX last week.
rossmacd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.