TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Old May 10, 2018, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Interesting, since this implies self printed boarding passes now work, as well as BPs from the airport.
[Bolding mine.]

Indeed. Would love to hear someone confirm they printed a BA boarding pass for a BA operated flight with TSA Pre on it!

rb211.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
I managed to get my corporate travel agent Egencia to add my KTN to my forthcoming trip to San Diego on BA. They seemed to be able to add it and wanted the issue date as well as the number so hoping TSA Pre will appear when I return on the 20th May.
Old May 10, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Interesting, since this implies self printed boarding passes now work, as well as BPs from the airport.

They do indeed a 3 / 3 hit rate for me so far.

The app needs an update as the QR code / BP version I believe isnt high enough to support the encrypted string that the TSA pre information needs. I believe this update will be imminent. as the paper BPs always have the latest version.

Interestingly this is one of the reasons why if you use one type of BP at security / conformance and then try the other at the gate why it wont work and it's due to different BP revisions and string data between the two

TL|DR wait for an app update or get a paper BP
Old May 10, 2018, 6:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by RB211
[Bolding mine.]

Indeed. Would love to hear someone confirm they printed a BA boarding pass for a BA operated flight with TSA Pre on it!

rb211.
Yes, I got one last week returning home on the BA268 (LAX-LHR).
Old May 10, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist

Checking in for a LHR-MSY tomorrow. App presents this at check-in.
I’ll be heading back from Chicago on Monday, will be interesting to see if any further progress has been made.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GuyWMD
Checking in for a LHR-MSY tomorrow. App presents this at check-in.
I’ll be heading back from Chicago on Monday, will be interesting to see if any further progress has been made.
Thanks for the screen shot (which proves that BA knows they will have to do some more work on the App). If you got your boarding pass you won't be SSSS. But that may be the next thing to find out, whether leaving LHR on BA and with Global Entry, are you spared SSSS?
Old May 10, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does OLCI via BA.com have a field for entering a KTN? I cannot see anywhere for this in MMB or the BAEC profile pages yet.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:21 am

Probably not in the way we would have hoped, but it sounds like it is all coming together. The key will be being able to enter you KTN without having to involve a BA human. (And to answer the question immediately above, no - no way to enter KTN via website or app, yet, AFAIK.)

rb211.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks RB211, I have a flight tomorrow so I'll check for myself when OLCI opens later.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Ok, at JFK (could not use the kiosks as all busy) went to get a paper boarding pass. Checkin lady said there was no way they could add KTN (is coming soon she said). Prints the boarding pass and lo and behold it says TSA pre, so I guess adding it to the AA booking helped. Pointing that out she says ‘yeah, but it doesn’t work yet’. Waived it at the security guard and indeed got the TSA pre light treatment. Shoes can stay on, rest comes out.
So, it sort of works, now we just need a TSA pre lane at T7.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:46 pm

Anyone have any SFO experience? I have a BA ticketed and operated flight from SFO in a week or so and would like to know if they are KTN aware and cooperative at checkin.

rb211.
Old May 12, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist

So to update this, ended up getting a paper BP due to doing an AUP on check in. (£440 WTP-CW) I asked about TSA Pre and if they'd be able to enter my known traveller number into the booking whilst in the first wing. No knowledge with the check in staff member serving me on how to do it or that it was possible.

Very interestingly I'm assuming due to the AA segment on the booking my KTN is in there... On the paper BP low and behold check the top! Not sure what good it'd do on the LHR-MSY segment
Old May 12, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN
Originally Posted by RB211
Anyone have any SFO experience? I have a BA ticketed and operated flight from SFO in a week or so and would like to know if they are KTN aware and cooperative at checkin.

rb211.
I can confirm TSA PRE for SFO. Hadn’t been aware of BA (finally) participating, and was surprised when the check-in agent at the First check-in proactively asked if I had a KTN. He entered it and printed my boarding with TSA PRE on it. Great news!
Old May 12, 2018, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by VirtuallyThere

I can confirm TSA PRE for SFO. Hadn’t been aware of BA (finally) participating, and was surprised when the check-in agent at the First check-in proactively asked if I had a KTN. He entered it and printed my boarding with TSA PRE on it. Great news!
That's excellent news - thanks for letting me know! I can breathe a little easier for my upcoming SFO flight!

rb211.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver
Thanks for the screen shot (which proves that BA knows they will have to do some more work on the App). If you got your boarding pass you won't be SSSS. But that may be the next thing to find out, whether leaving LHR on BA and with Global Entry, are you spared SSSS?
Doubtful about being spared SSSS with Global Entry. It has happened a few times to my husband, once to me; we've had Global Entry since the pilot stages, probably more than 10 years ago at this point. He is getting so fed up with the SSSS that he is looking into getting a redress number.

Just to confirm, at this point, the only way to enter our KTN is by calling BA or having it entered at airport check in?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.