Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by MADPhil
There was no May 1st. addition list but this is today's: Air Serbia, Condor Airlines, Porter Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines (UK) and Thomas Cook Airlines (Scan.).
Well that's disappointing. They're running out of airlines that fly to the US to add besides BA at this point...
Old May 2, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks
Well that's disappointing. They're running out of airlines that fly to the US to add besides BA at this point...
No disrespect to BA - because I love them as we all do on this forum.

But why worry. Their low cost competition that they strive to match - Norwegian and maybe WOW do not have it so why worry . Thomas Cook now do but they are known as charter and not competition.

Hopefully the next announcement will have BA included.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
BA are definitely joining TSA pre-check. The only question is the exact date. I was told this summer by the US Embassy a few weeks ago so it can’t be long. I’m guessing it was meant to be 1 May, as someone from BA told me yesterday they were about to get it but for some reason it didn’t happen.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:04 pm
Original Member

I hope they get it too - but does not help us at JFK since there is no pre-check there (yet?)
Old May 3, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by KARFA

annoying for those of us who do not check bags in an prefer not to waste time going to a check in desk.
I am not defending TK's procedures or lack of IT support (which IMO is pretty well known). Just saying it is possible to have precheck without having an entry field in your itinerary or airline profile for the KTN.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
I hope they get it too - but does not help us at JFK since there is no pre-check there (yet?)
The JFK check-in team had not heard any rumours of BA getting pre-check as of about two weeks ago (one can speculate one that means as one sees fit).

Edit: Though it is possible that me asking them could have in turn started a rumour since then.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
A friend was in ORD last night and gave their number at the checkin desk and it registered immediately.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I've seen people use TSA Pre✓ at the JFK slopey fast track before.They kept their shoes on and showed security their BP as they went through the scanner.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikebg
A friend was in ORD last night and gave their number at the checkin desk and it registered immediately.
I'll have to give this a try at the end of the month if nothing has changed.

Originally Posted by chistery
I've seen people use TSA Pre✓ at the JFK slopey fast track before.They kept their shoes on and showed security their BP as they went through the scanner.
That sounds like "Pre-Check Light" which is sometimes offered where there isn't real Pre-Check. It's also offered to the old and the young.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:37 pm
Original Member

[Delete]
Old May 3, 2018, 1:29 pm

[Delete]
I was just about to ask for a link!

rb211.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:44 pm

TSA Pre-check was the second major reason why we applied for Global Entry. Breezing through security without having to take jackets, shoes, belts off and not having to take electronics, liquids etc out of baggage coupled with much shorter queues makes it a definite winner for us. I now choose to fly with AA or VA either cash or redemptions purely for the convenience of GE and associated pre-check (mostly out of ORD where security lines are horrendous). I only choose to fly BA to the US once a year to make use of an AMEX 2-4-1. That may change if they do register for GE. How ver, recent correspondence from BA clearly stated that they currently have no plans to enrol
Old May 4, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Newspapers today quoting a TSA press release , reveals the addition of Air Serbia, Condor Airlines, Porter Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines (UK) and Thomas Cook Airlines (Scan.) to the TSA Pre ✓ programme, now with 52 domestic and international airlines.

How long will "The Premium Airline" try to save money not participating? It's embarrasing being outrun by charter airlines, IMHO
Roger likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Are BA installing a Pre lane at JFK as part of the refurb?

I can see them wanting to wait until they can do that rather than offer pre everywhere in the US (where it is available)apart from JFK.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Sometimes TSA Pre is just too crowded. Seen times at LAX, SFO etc. where the normal queue can be shorter and even taking into account removing things, quicker.
Soon, every man and his dog will be using it and some new fangled cash earner will need drawn up as it will be worth squat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.