Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO lounge expansion postponed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
How is the AirFrance/KLM lounge in the A concourse? I have priority pass which gets me in here.

Thanks
Pretty basic. It's not bad but not worth getting there early for.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA, QF, Avis, Marriott
Originally Posted by neuron
This was my experience on BA in the spring time. Empty CX lounge but refused entry (J ticket, AA ExP) with finger pointed at SFO Stn Manager not wanting to pay. I had left the BA lounge as it was super crowded and getting loud.
With respect, that is not your problem. That is clearly outside the oneworld lounge access rules. You should have asked for the SFO CX lounge manager's details and passed them onto oneworld in an official (written) complaint where you stated the salient facts of what occurred.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by evanstim
With respect, that is not your problem. That is clearly outside the oneworld lounge access rules. You should have asked for the SFO CX lounge manager's details and passed them onto oneworld in an official (written) complaint where you stated the salient facts of what occurred.
+1
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:49 pm

With all the noise about BA's new/increased investment, and improving lounges, does anyone know if the lounge at SFO is going to be a target for this, and if so what will be done with it?

It's definitely in need of serious enlargement and refub, or being moved to a larger space.

rb211.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's definitely on the list of committed lounge developments, including BOS (now completed), Chicago, Houston, Miami, JFK and Seattle, plus a few in Europe (ABZ, GVA, MAN that I can recall). BA management have underlined this investment is happening at GGL and key client events, and in newsletters too, so it's in print so to speak. Precise timeframes I know not, apart from ABZ (September).
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's definitely on the list of committed lounge developments, including BOS (now completed), Chicago, Houston, Miami, JFK and Seattle, plus a few in Europe (ABZ, GVA, MAN that I can recall). BA management have underlined this investment is happening at GGL and key client events, and in newsletters too, so it's in print so to speak. Precise timeframes I know not, apart from ABZ (September).
Thanks, cws, that is good news after the bait-and-switch that happened previously. I won't hold my breath (I assume it will be a 2018 event rather than 2017) but I am looking forward to a decent First/Gold experience at SFO.

rb211.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's definitely on the list of committed lounge developments, including BOS (now completed), Chicago, Houston, Miami, JFK and Seattle, plus a few in Europe (ABZ, GVA, MAN that I can recall).
FCO is also on the list (and not before time!). LHR has also been announced, but not for some time, and I thought NCL was also on the list.

Once these announced lounges have been refurbished, that will just leave TXL, BDA and LOS as the only non-Galleries/Galleries Evolution lounges on the BA operated network. There's also NBO, if it ever reopens.

I am not sure whether the lounge at ABV is still BA operated, or whether it's now a third party lounge like JER and STR.

Last edited by Genius1; Apr 22, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello,

Had a nice chat with SFO lounge manager recently ( wonderful chap) and it seems the lounge renovation is on again, 3rd quarter of this year.
There was mention of turning the library area at the back of the lounge into a F class dining room.
The mezzanine idea has been scrapped it seems as it would have required too much in the way of elevator modifications to stop at an additional floor on the way down.

We shall have to wait and see if this all happens!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:22 am

Super news! I wonder how they’ll handle the space constraints? It seems that if they moved the reception desk to the empty space upstairs and removed the walls around the current F section they could free up quite a bit of usable area. Still, that lounge gets awfully full...
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
So I can see that the renovation has been restarted, but I presume, from this thread, that posters want BA to do anything no matter the cost?
Why was the blame for the initial cancellation placed firmly at the doors of BA?
How do you know SFO wasn't screwing BA for more money, at which point they said no?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
As we have seen at SIN, DXB, IAD and BOS, I would anticipate the refurbished SFO lounge to be a combined F/J facility with either a Concorde Bar or Concorde Dining facility. As the flight is long enough for meal service and sleep, I would anticipate a Bar rather than Dining product.

Originally Posted by Sealink
How do you know SFO wasn't screwing BA for more money, at which point they said no?
It would be standard practice for the SFO airport operator to charge higher rent for a larger facility and/or to provide additional landlord services to new/expanded space.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:28 pm

How long does a lounge refurb take roughly? I'm there at the beginning of January next year so hoping it will be done by then...
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
How long does a lounge refurb take roughly?
It depends on how extensive the refurbishment is, what the new finishes are like, the state of the existing services to the space, whether the lounge is relocating/expanding or keeping its current size.

So many variables, but a very broad figure would be 5-6 months for a lounge the size of SFO.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:43 am

Does anyone have an update on this? More accurate start and completion information? Details on the work to be done? Anything? C-W-S? Others? Anyone?

rb211.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RB211
Does anyone have an update on this? More accurate start and completion information? Details on the work to be done? Anything? C-W-S? Others? Anyone?

rb211.
Plus also are there entry restrictions on Golds travelling solo in WTP on an A380 ? I have to go in/out of SFO in June due to lack of flights to/from SJC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.