Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO lounge expansion postponed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by love_flying_hate_strikes
The amusing thing is that corporate profits across the board are strong but business investment is terrible.

All this in a ZIRP world.

This is what happens when you let accountants gain too much power in management.
Can we stop bashing the accountants? As an accountant, I can assure you that it's not us who would be making these decisions, it would be the board. Budgets would be prepared by management accountants within each business unit, based on discussions with senior management within that business unit. These budgets would then be collated and sent to the board for approval, they would initially get rejected and individual business units would be told to cut costs. This would be the decision of local management, although the management accountants may prepared forecasts/analysis on the basis of what could be cut, it would be management who decide what to cut.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
OK, so I understand that the remodel hasn't been cancelled, just postponed. Apparently, Boston bumped SFO as it was deemed a more pressing case for an upgrade.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by odge
OK, so I understand that the remodel hasn't been cancelled, just postponed. Apparently, Boston bumped SFO as it was deemed a more pressing case for an upgrade.
The BOS lounges can be standing room if a lot of people arrive early for the 214/202. When the A380 starts it'll only get worse so a new or expanded lounge is needed. However it's a shame SFO has been postponed as a result, especially given the apparent delays at BOS.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Sep 8, 2016 at 5:38 pm
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
The BOS lounges can be standing room if a lot of people arrive early for the 214/202. When the A380 starts it'll only get worse so a new lounge is needed. However it's a shame SFO has been postponed as a result, especially given the apparent delays at BOS.
Juan (who is an absolute superstar!) in the BOS F Lounge really deserves a new lounge (with windows). Agree, it can be rammed. Shame about SFO tho.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Perhaps time to update the thread title?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
First timer tring out the SFO lounge in a couple of days.

How far is the BA SFO lounge from the typical SFO->LHR A380 gate(s)? I'm pondering eating in the terminal and haven't been in the SFO lounge. I've been in the LHR T5 lounge and thought it was huge and enjoyable.

Thanks
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
It's a short one or two minute walk to the 380 boarding gate. If on the 747, you board from the lounge.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
It's a short walk, 2-3 minutes.

Click on "International, Boarding Area A" the A380 leaves from gate A9, the lounge is by gate A6.

There is not a lot of variety after security for the gates BA uses at SFO. There's very slightly more variety before security. http://www.flysfo.com/shop-dine-relax/dining allows you to explore such options as there are. Bear in mind that you will only be able to access pre-security or post-security Boarding Area A, NOT Boarding Area G.

Post-security there is basically 2 sandwich places and a half-assed grill place. None of them are anything to write home about positively.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:05 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
It's a short one or two minute walk to the 380 boarding gate. If on the 747, you board from the lounge.
Sadly no more 747s from SFO. It's either a 772 (for 284) or 380 (286) now. The 777 boards from the lounge.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:53 pm

if there was a OW lounge they better not model it on the MIA one which is far from inspiring (ot- when is MIA lounge upgraded to a BA lounge?)
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by gw76
if there was a OW lounge they better not model it on the MIA one which is far from inspiring (ot- when is MIA lounge upgraded to a BA lounge?)
I agree the MIA lounge is not "inspiring" but it is spacious, has a decent selection of food and (free) beverages. As outstation lounges go, I find MIA very acceptable.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
And not that it matters, but isn't there a very good CX lounge at SFO? Haven't been in a while but I read somewhere that they had reopened theirs. Always worth looking at the entire OW lounge offering I think before throwing in the damp, hot, thin towel...
Originally Posted by Gshumway
There have been reports here of the CX lounge refusing BA passengers access, as the SFO station manager won't pay for it.
This was my experience on BA in the spring time. Empty CX lounge but refused entry (J ticket, AA ExP) with finger pointed at SFO Stn Manager not wanting to pay. I had left the BA lounge as it was super crowded and getting loud.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Anyone know if this is still the case about the CP lounge not allowing BA customers in?

Travelling in a couple of days and the CP lounge looks a much better prospect.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by neuron
This was my experience on BA in the spring time. Empty CX lounge but refused entry (J ticket, AA ExP) with finger pointed at SFO Stn Manager not wanting to pay. I had left the BA lounge as it was super crowded and getting loud.
I have used the CX lounge a few times in the past few months without issue. BA J ticket and AA exp. Required physical status card but otherwise fine.

Also the 777 doesn't always board from the lounge. 2 times last month it was from a different gate since some other aircraft was at the gate.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
How is the AirFrance/KLM lounge in the A concourse? I have priority pass which gets me in here.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.