Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reason for BA1486, LHR-GLA, 5 Aug cancellation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond

Does anyone know the reason for the cancellation of the above flight? I have checked expertflyer but can just see cancelled. Was due to be on the flight and want to check if it is worth claiming EU261 - will get to GLA more than two hours late on rebooked flight.

Last edited by cme17; Aug 5, 2016 at 12:13 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
The flight was meant to be operated by JetTime. The aircraft operated LHR-CPH-LHR before the Glasgow service and had to return to stand with a medical emergency on the LHR-CPH service and ended up with a 3 hour plus delay.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Was the BA1496 later LHR to GLA subbed for a lager aircraft to merge these? A friend said there were quite a few seat swaps on his flight and people grumbling.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Was the BA1496 later LHR to GLA subbed for a lager aircraft to merge these? A friend said there were quite a few seat swaps on his flight and people grumbling.
I'm on 1476 tomorrow - a JetTime sector - and had a my flights notification to say it's gone from a 737-700 to a 737-300. Not sure if that is related. Think it means I've lost my exit row with double leg space - is already checked in and had a mobile boarding pass so don't think there is anything I can do?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MrMutton
Think it means I've lost my exit row with double leg space - is already checked in and had a mobile boarding pass so don't think there is anything I can do?
Well, if you have plenty of time on your hand, you could call in, ask to be offloaded. The telephone numbers for USA/Japan are in the Dashboard. So long as the telephone agent does it correctly then you can then reselect your seat after about 20 minutes, and in the case of the App after perhaps exiting and re-entering. And, of course, assuming it hasn't been snapped up by someone else. Moreover some agents seem to find this a difficult thing to do, but it's actually only a few keystrokes and a note in the PNR. Obviously if your crystal ball was working better then it's best to defer OLCI in this scenario.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Down Low
The flight was meant to be operated by JetTime. The aircraft operated LHR-CPH-LHR before the Glasgow service and had to return to stand with a medical emergency on the LHR-CPH service and ended up with a 3 hour plus delay.
Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes, it was an A321.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

With a bit of persuasion BA agreed to pay the EU261 compensation. Initially said no but the query was referred to 'flight ops' or something as the CS rep had conflicting reasons for the delay. As promised, I got a call back (sooner than expected) to say that the compensation was payable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.