Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of Lily....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Beware of Lily....

In the new enhanced era I had the delights of travelling home CW from Shanghai at the weekend and was greeted with my single starter "choice" - there is always a choice take it or leave it . The single choice was not a surprise, well commented on here - on the way out it was a tomato and mozzarella salad which has generic appeal.

On the way back the single starter was "Lily Bulb with cucumber and celery salad"
The crew all flight were lovely, they were laughing they had not met Lily before but no one not even the Chinese onboard felt able to taste the white blamange type gloop that lay under the salad. It was not fully identified - it was the wrong consistency for tofu, more greek yoghurt consistency but with a foul pungent taste.

I therefore feel the need to give this public service warning about Lily, she is not to be tangled with......

I have also done a feedback form to BA stating that two starters is what I expect in CW and I expect far more internationally acceptable dishes to be offered.

There were also criminals in the afternoon snack - some couscous with lamb, the lamb was edible, there was so much chilli in the couscous again even the Sichuan hotpot lovers onboard were having issues and the poached chicken with a ginger jelly - well that was another blob. Thank goodness for the cheese and ham type toastie!!

BA you need to sort these meals out! I'm adventurous but.........
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Did you get a photo?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
And this is why I take CX to China.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigVince76
Did you get a photo?

Unfortunately not - I did not have a camera phone with me, we are only allowed old basics in China through work Wish I had as I was trying to describe it to a chef last night
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:10 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Lily bulb when cooked well is quite delicious. It looks like onion but has three consistency of potato.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
Lily bulb when cooked well is quite delicious. It looks like onion but has three consistency of potato.
That is what my googling since had led me to expect, it was just it was this white gelatinous - the nearest consistency I can think of is a runny panna cotta if that makes sense.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:23 am

Pity there is not a photo.

Pictures of Lily
Made my life so wonderful
Pictures of Lily
Helped me sleep at night

Well, not for you perhaps!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Pictures of Lily
(for the youngsters)

The Who, 1967.
now Who is showing his age?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by antichef
now Who is showing his age?
This poor chap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.