Wiki Posts
Search

Great BA customer service.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Great BA customer service.

So I was on the 8.45am flight this morning to LHR from Dublin. CE and then onto First later in the day. Checked in online yesterday. For a host of reasons I arrived at the check in desk at 8.02am. Was told I had missed the deadline for checking in bags and the flight was now closed. I pretty much begged the lady to check with the dispatcher, which she did, and it was a no. Was told because I had checked in online I could take my bag 'down there' and send it cargo or leave the bag behind I had no option to leave it behind (unattended bag in an airport??). I trot off and speak to the guys 'down there'. Bag would take a week to arrive, which is longer than the trip. To top it off the flight was delayed 10 minutes.

This was now 8.14am. Frantic phone calls to the gold line and the agent I got started with. Those are the rules and you are late. Fair enough. I went into a bit of a DYKWIA mode but very polite and explained the situation. Gold onwards in first blah blah blah. Then said that basically it's the first time I've had to call to do something like this and i needed help. If he couldn't is understand but I'd appreciate whatever he could do. There was then a pause and he asked if I could get to T2 as he had changed me to the Aer Lingus 9.40am flight and that the later flights have been protected. He then thanked me for being pleasant! Got to check in. Bags checked on and BP issued. Told I could use the lounge and fast track. The BA agent then called back to ask if everything had gone okay.

Truly impressed by BA this morning. I was in the wrong and they helped!

The ticket agent at the BA desk made two Chinese girls behind me buy new tickets to Shanghai.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
Doing an ex-DUB as I understand? Could you not just have checked the bag in for the F flight, and then gone HBO to and from DUB?

Alternatively, I guess you could have left your bag at left luggage for a fee. But yes, you were lucky - hope karma doesn't come back to bite in the rest of the trip!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:40 am

Sounds like you dodged a bullet there thanks to a helpful agent.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Wow. You definitely dodged a bullet, speaking from very recent experience 😛
A big well done to the phone agent, it's customer service like this that turns passengers into customers for life.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The Gold line is having a good week! That's 3 positive reviews so far!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...cket-goes.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nk-you-ba.html
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Doing an ex-DUB as I understand? Could you not just have checked the bag in for the F flight, and then gone HBO to and from DUB?

Alternatively, I guess you could have left your bag at left luggage for a fee. But yes, you were lucky - hope karma doesn't come back to bite in the rest of the trip!
Not so much. I live an hour up the road and had no option to do the above.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the agents name to pass positive feed back?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You still in the CCR? Just landed. Hopefully there in the next 15-30 minutes.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MickV
Not so much. I live an hour up the road and had no option to do the above.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the agents name to pass positive feed back?
As you live "around the corner" I have to say you deserved at least a financial spanking! But it's good to see you got sorted. What you should have done is taken the bag to the gate, asked for the bag to be tagged to LHR and then checked it in there, the 1 week thing is nonsense (probably they were protecting themselves). You'd need a bit of charm on security but DUB is OK with this, I would have thought.

For the agent name / golden ticket, in order for them to have done what they had done, their initials would be all over your revised PNR, so you can simply identify your PNR and flight numbers and it should get through.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
You still in the CCR? Just landed. Hopefully there in the next 15-30 minutes.
Hopefully be there in about 30 minutes or so!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
As you live "around the corner" I have to say you deserved at least a financial spanking! But it's good to see you got sorted. What you should have done is taken the bag to the gate, asked for the bag to be tagged to LHR and then checked it in there, the 1 week thing is nonsense (probably they were protecting themselves). You'd need a bit of charm on security but DUB is OK with this, I would have thought.

For the agent name / golden ticket, in order for them to have done what they had done, their initials would be all over your revised PNR, so you can simply identify your PNR and flight numbers and it should get through.
Yes. Can't help but feel I got lucky on this but the agent was excellent. Good to know feedback can be passed along.

I didn't know I'd be able to get a large suitcase past security in Dublin. In any case this is a one off as its normally HBO. A late change last night threw everything off but good to know for future.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by MickV
Hopefully be there in about 30 minutes or so!
Ok. Sat on one of the high tables, short sleeve blue check shirt.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:23 am

MickV is on his way to Shanghai - I can confirm he made it to T5 and was able to enjoy a quick drink in the CCR.

Defiantly looking forward to the Belfast Do more now I have met the organiser ^
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Yes. All is well in the world! Roll on Belfast!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
This is what I love about BA and Flyertalk. As I alluded in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-holidays.html when BA do well they really push the boat out.

Thankfully my father is out of hospital now and BA have received the medical evidence to support his inability to travel next week. Regrettably, travel needs to be compled by the end of May 2017 and due to further treatment this wont be possible so they have settled for a couple of days in Dublin in November and will rebook for June 2017 when they get their refund.

Service like this really does buy a ot of customer goodwill and its great to see
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC
This is a real example of good service - as opposed to the agents just doing their job.

The agent deserves a golden ticket, or a written thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.