Have hot towels been 'enhanced'?

Old Aug 24, 16, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Have hot towels been 'enhanced'?

Two CE and one F flight today and on none of them were hot towels given out. Have they gone or was I just unlucky (repeatedly)?
Old Aug 24, 16, 10:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Unlucky, I'd say.
It was there in CE (x2) and F (x2) last week.
Old Aug 24, 16, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
They were supposed to be switched for a thicker towel, (as announced as one of the June or July "enhancements"), but I've not seen any evidence of any improvement in either F or CE.
Old Aug 24, 16, 11:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
1 CE and 1 CW yesterday both had them. But service can be variable. Sometimes I get them on the ground, sometimes at the start of service in the air and sometimes at the end of service in the air.
Old Aug 24, 16, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
I experienced the new and improved thicker towel in First last week. It was noticeably better. We flying in CE/CW later today so I will see if there is any difference.
Old Aug 25, 16, 12:49 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MrsW View Post
I experienced the new and improved thicker towel in First last week. It was noticeably better. We flying in CE/CW later today so I will see if there is any difference.
In that case I look forward to thicker towels in F tomorrow!
Old Aug 25, 16, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Sirius Gold, Hertz PC, Amex Centurion
Hot towel received in CE yesterday but still the thin version.
Old Aug 25, 16, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Jumeirah Sirius Gold, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Traveller, PUCCI Fan Club
Originally Posted by Physci View Post
Hot towel received in CE yesterday but still the thin version.
Same for me yesterday.
Old Aug 25, 16, 1:47 am

We got the thin ones on our way to Nice a couple of weeks ago in CE, on the way back we didn't receive a hot towel. However, the inflight service on the return was excellent with an extremely good CSM and crew who addressed most passengers by name. I would take that over a hot towel any day.
Old Aug 25, 16, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
CE AMS- LGW yesterday, I thought we were not getting one, then it came later after meal service after I used the wipe that comes with the meal. It was the thin one. Seems to be no set timing rule now, but would prefer after boarding.
Old Aug 25, 16, 1:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
In First yesterday I was given the old (thin) style towel, at the start and end of the flight.
Old Aug 25, 16, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by MCM1 View Post
CE AMS- LGW yesterday, I thought we were not getting one, then it came later after meal service after I used the wipe that comes with the meal. It was the thin one. Seems to be no set timing rule now, but would prefer after boarding.
I'm pretty sure it used to be laid down to do on the ground but is now the first item on the service once airborn - presumably due to crew reductions - if there's only the SCCM up front such as on the 319, they can't leave the open door unattended and if there's a short taxi etc then their priority is getting secure asap. I'm sure someone will confirm.

Most crew in my experience still do it on the ground if they can. Some see to have stopped hanging jackets, even when there is a wardrobe.
Old Aug 25, 16, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thin towels received in 2 x CE flights this week, both before drink/meal service. Find them very handy for cleaning the centre console!
Old Aug 25, 16, 2:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I had the thin towel in F last week at the start of the flight but not at the end.
Old Aug 25, 16, 2:43 am

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
I'm surprised the hot towel has not been totally enhanced away already or perhaps substituted for a wet wipe.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: