FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Have hot towels been 'enhanced'? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1786736-have-hot-towels-been-enhanced.html)

lost_in_translation Aug 24, 2016 9:19 pm

Have hot towels been 'enhanced'?

Two CE and one F flight today and on none of them were hot towels given out. Have they gone or was I just unlucky (repeatedly)?

LTN Phobia Aug 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Unlucky, I'd say.
It was there in CE (x2) and F (x2) last week.

billinghamn Aug 24, 2016 10:19 pm

They were supposed to be switched for a thicker towel, (as announced as one of the June or July "enhancements"), but I've not seen any evidence of any improvement in either F or CE.

hcuk94 Aug 24, 2016 10:28 pm

1 CE and 1 CW yesterday both had them. But service can be variable. Sometimes I get them on the ground, sometimes at the start of service in the air and sometimes at the end of service in the air.

MrsW Aug 24, 2016 10:34 pm

I experienced the new and improved thicker towel in First last week. It was noticeably better. We flying in CE/CW later today so I will see if there is any difference.

billinghamn Aug 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by MrsW (Post 27115578)
I experienced the new and improved thicker towel in First last week. It was noticeably better. We flying in CE/CW later today so I will see if there is any difference.

In that case I look forward to thicker towels in F tomorrow!

Physci Aug 24, 2016 11:54 pm

Hot towel received in CE yesterday but still the thin version.

oxtailsoup Aug 25, 2016 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Physci (Post 27115776)
Hot towel received in CE yesterday but still the thin version.

Same for me yesterday.

jp-mco Aug 25, 2016 12:47 am

We got the thin ones on our way to Nice a couple of weeks ago in CE, on the way back we didn't receive a hot towel. However, the inflight service on the return was excellent with an extremely good CSM and crew who addressed most passengers by name. I would take that over a hot towel any day.

MCM1 Aug 25, 2016 12:47 am

CE AMS- LGW yesterday, I thought we were not getting one, then it came later after meal service after I used the wipe that comes with the meal. It was the thin one. Seems to be no set timing rule now, but would prefer after boarding.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 25, 2016 12:52 am

In First yesterday I was given the old (thin) style towel, at the start and end of the flight.

IAMORGAN Aug 25, 2016 12:53 am

Originally Posted by MCM1 (Post 27115887)
CE AMS- LGW yesterday, I thought we were not getting one, then it came later after meal service after I used the wipe that comes with the meal. It was the thin one. Seems to be no set timing rule now, but would prefer after boarding.

I'm pretty sure it used to be laid down to do on the ground but is now the first item on the service once airborn - presumably due to crew reductions - if there's only the SCCM up front such as on the 319, they can't leave the open door unattended and if there's a short taxi etc then their priority is getting secure asap. I'm sure someone will confirm.

Most crew in my experience still do it on the ground if they can. Some see to have stopped hanging jackets, even when there is a wardrobe.

Jetstreamer Aug 25, 2016 1:15 am

Thin towels received in 2 x CE flights this week, both before drink/meal service. Find them very handy for cleaning the centre console!

Tiffywren Aug 25, 2016 1:42 am

I had the thin towel in F last week at the start of the flight but not at the end.

icegirl Aug 25, 2016 1:43 am

I'm surprised the hot towel has not been totally enhanced away already or perhaps substituted for a wet wipe.

http://www.superdrug.com/medias/sys_...1625052190.jpg