Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The great bragging rights thread... BA/FT book of records.

The great bragging rights thread... BA/FT book of records.

Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Smile The great bragging rights thread... BA/FT book of records.

I was watching a documentary about Qantas which featured John Martin, a very loyal customer who apparently flew over a 1000 trips (I think returns...) on Qantas and was quite famous and beloved in Australia. Unfortunately he passed away recently. Seemed to be an incredibly nice guy!

It got me thinking.

Do we have anyone with bragging rights here? I am sure CWS flies as much in a year as Mr Martin did in his lifetime (although he did most of it in Y in believe...) but what other 'achievements' have some of you under your belt?

I have absolutely none but I remember some stories. Think longest time spend in a BA lounge, most Concorde flights, most returns between the same city pair in a year, most flights in 1A/K, most consecutive BA flights in one direction of any itinerary, longest time on a BA plane on the ground, etc. Of course references to newspaper articles or documentaries are encouraged.

Just some fun stories and lets try to keep complaining out of it, so the word enhancements is enhanced from this thread.

I can try the following:

Longest time in stationary aircraft: during that 'winter' of 2010 (I believe), parked on runway for 6 hrs at LHR (and still made my connection). Trumped (sorry) by flyingnomad.

Last edited by henkybaby; Aug 23, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:51 pm

I think someone on here could claim the most consecutive delayed flights after this summer's woes. I remember reading someone was on double-digits.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Possibly most consumption of Taittinger Comtes de Champagne? I can't quite remember.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
How about having paid the least for a First class return revenue flight? Mine was Ł400 (plus 80k in Avios: 30k as part-payment, 50k to upgrade) on an ex-CPH to JFK.

Any bargain hunters paid less? Revenue flights only - redemptions with low taxes don't count

Last edited by awtgiven; Aug 23, 2016 at 3:10 pm Reason: Typos
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
IIRC Mrs BA or bust and I did a one way on Concorde for 80,000 of the old airmiles with a 241 and only around Ł400 in taxes for both of us. Those were the days.... sigh....

PS Star attraction (for SWMBO) was Robbie Williams two rows ahead of us on his way to NYC to try and patch up his relationship with Rachel Hunter.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

* Concorde round trip with a 241, 160000 miles and Ł50 taxes!
* Interviewed and photographed years ago by the NY Times for an article about the rollout of flat beds
* Delivery flight of G-STBE from PAE to CWL including a few hours sleep in the crew bunks
* second revenue flight of the first dusked 767 in CW
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:21 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by awtgiven
How about having paid the least for a First class return revenue flight? Mine was Ł400 (plus 80k in Avios: 30k as part-payment, 50k to upgrade) on an ex-CPH to JFK.

Any bargain hunters paid less? Revenue flights only - redemptions with low taxes don't count
Ł640 and zero Avios on the tequila fare one year ago this week (getting away with that really does feel like bragging!)
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by henkybaby
It got me thinking.

Do we have anyone with bragging rights here?
Do people who claim a "first" on BA have such bragging rights? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-you-part.html
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Was on the first flight to Hong Kong from T5 connecting from Belfast and returning four days later. Real bragging point was my bags came first off the belt in Hong Kong and Belfast on the return. First and last time priority baggage worked for me.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Do people who claim a "first" on BA have such bragging rights? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-you-part.html
Of course! ^ Was hoping for stories along the lines of

"For six months I flew a return to NYC every week"
"I once flew full fare First class to JNB had a lunch and flew straight back"
"I have 5000 BA flights"
"I have flown 3.000.000 miles in 10 years"

etc. Preferably with a nice story about the context.

And hey, I have one! First pax in the SIN lounge after the (re)opening. Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Lowest POUG? Ł2 DBV-LGW for daughter1.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I thnk I may have a few (coughs) bragging rights:

1) Surely worth a few points and I was the first ever FT'r to drink from the sacred coffee mug of corporate-wage-slave. I feel I am now immortal

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ed-my-mug.html

2) I was one of 30 FTr's to be lucky enough to get a space on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner Tour (the competition was on the BA Board) TR here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...iner-tour.html

3) I am the only Scottish FT BAEC Ambassador

4) I am a very, very distantly related to.............HIDDY!!!!!!!!

Pete's sad attempt to bag some bragging rights ()

Last edited by PETER01; Aug 23, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by PETER01

3) I am the only Scottish FT BAEC Ambassador
We have a winner!!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Hmm.

Longest time on a stationary aircraft? Think I've got the OP beat. 7hrs and 45 minutes at the LHR **gate** for a LHR-RUH flight with doors closed that never pushed back. Was winter of 2012, the usual 3-4inches of snow bringing complete chaos to LHR. We were the shortest long-haul scheduled to depart that night, so they kept prioritising the longer flights for departure, until the threshold time when our crew would no longer be able to complete the flight without timing out. Got served dinner in CW, watched a movie and had a good 5 hr nap before the flight was cancelled and we were allowed off. Oh, did I mention the scheduled flight time was only 6h10m ?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Reaching silver with only 370 tier points?
Sadly gold can't be done by doing 100 flights in a year...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.