Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Cut - CWLCY Arrivals Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Another Cut - CWLCY Arrivals Service

Heard from a reputable source, the CWLCY arrivals service at the Radisson is no more.

The cabin crew PAs have been altered to remove it.

Make of that what you will, in the context of all the others cuts. Not even the flagship route is exempt from the axe.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Gets grimmer every day. I'm sure this cut will make the corporate bookers think very hard.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:11 pm

Interesting.

Although from my POV, having tried it once, I wouldn't bother again. Might work well for some but it was too far and too much faff. Shame there there isn't a more convenient (and presmumably cheaper?) option.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Always a bit of an anomaly, was it actually much used?

BA have been getting rid of arrivals lounges for years to little protest. Who remembers the JNB or LGW arrivals lounges, both of which were in hotels like LCY?

IMHO if the usage doesn't merit it, cut it is the right decision.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by headingwest
Gets grimmer every day. I'm sure this cut will make the corporate bookers think very hard.
About what exactly? Taking another airline that flies from the USA to LCY? Err. Or about rerouting to LHR to use the arrivals lounge there? Err.

I really think that this decision will do little more than cause a ripple in FT, largely amongst people who never actually used this, but can't miss an opportunity to bash BA for any decision however rational.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It wouldn't cause a ripple if BA pulled a particular BEVVIE from the onboard bar if said BEVVIE was only popular with a certain number of pax.

But it would still affect those pax and prove to be a disappointment.

With each cut, more & more pax are dissatisfied with the product depending on their tastes and interests.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I've used it on a number of occasions. It used to work quite well for me coming off BA2, could have a shower and breakfast and be at my office near the City by 9am. I don't fly to NYC as much as I used to, but if I had to work in London after coming off the flight, this would make me think twice about using LCY.

My experience was that 4-8 people would be using it coming off the flight. The service is still being advertised on ba.com.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FrancisA
About what exactly? Taking another airline that flies from the USA to LCY? Err. Or about rerouting to LHR to use the arrivals lounge there? Err.

I really think that this decision will do little more than cause a ripple in FT, largely amongst people who never actually used this, but can't miss an opportunity to bash BA for any decision however rational.
If you're are referring to me, then you're right I never use it, but I'm sure there are plenty of corporate passengers who do before doing business in London.

But perhaps you're right, this is a good move by BA to help them on their new trajectory.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Shame. A leisurely shower and brekkie before heading over to the wharf was a nice benefit of the service. Sure I can go shower and eat elsewhere. And sure, I'll probably still fly CWLCY for the decent sleeper service and proximity. But it leaves a sour taste...
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It's not an issue for me because I live and work around the southwestern quadrant of the M25, but business class without the arrivals lounge is not the same.

I realise this is LCY only, for now, but if I was flying in from NY and visiting a client, or worked for a company that didn't have a shower facility on site, it would affect my decision of who to fly with.

(While that might force me into LHR if I was going to central London rather than Canary Wharf, but it would also remove part of the uniqueness of the BA proposition - so why not fly with someone else entirely and just land at LHR an hour or so earlier? I assume that UA and DL/VS have arrivals lounges...)

Sure, I can probably find a day room somewhere for relatively low cost, but that adds extra time to the journey so I may as well go to LHR.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Reading this as I wander past a long line of EK limos waiting to collect their newly arrived J and F passengers...
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FrancisA
IMHO if the usage doesn't merit it, cut it is the right decision.
Quite right, based on what their customers tell them and on customer demand, BA are to remove this service.

They are doing it for us and our sakes.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
Sure, I can probably find a day room somewhere for relatively low cost, but that adds extra time to the journey so I may as well go to LHR.
Exactly, and if enough passengers do that it might affect the viability of the LCY service.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm really disappointed. We'll be flying back to LCY on the babybus in less than a couple of weeks and we were counting on going to the Radisson to have a shower before heading to work.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Perhaps they'll replace it with something or somewhere else. Otherwise, this is really another way to slowly wind down the service after the TP reduction enhancement.

H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.