Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic now my choice of carrier for premium economy

Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:02 am
Original Poster

BA is now treating its World Travel Plus customers on East coast flights with contempt so I've now booked all my JFK and BOS trips with VS, Premium economy. I have been loyal to BA but the service is rapidly becoming Bl**** Awful so certain routes will no longer get my business.
ba_cityflyer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Good for you?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:39 am

Fair enough. Vote with your wallet, It's the only way companies really listen.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:42 am

Medal?
thebigben likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Appreciate there is more than just one issue, but I would point out at this stage that VS also charge for snacks.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Hi Kaizen,

Would be good to hear more specifics from your experience. What led you to this point etc?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:50 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Are the prices similar?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
After a few flights, and receiving a gold card, the Clubhouses will make you much much happier...

The sweet spot of course is your employer booking the upgradeable fare codes and maybe earning VS points not flying (premium credit card, and you earn 6 points per pound on hotels.com via shops away, sometimes 12 points).
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:35 am

I am am a BA fan,but much prefer VS PE to BA WT+
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by hcuk94
Appreciate there is more than just one issue, but I would point out at this stage that VS also charge for snacks.
Yes but as an extra service not a replacement for a meal.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Which is exactly what BA is trialling.

You should always book which price/schedule combination works. There's no point in being loyal if there's s better product around.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Swibbz
Good for you?
Took the words out of my mouth!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by highpeaklad

You should always book which price/schedule combination works. There's no point in being loyal if there's s better product around.
Sound advice.

To be fair, despite giving the impression of being a virgin Virgin flyer the OP has actually flown them several times before so they're hardly breaking new ground. According to what I've read Virgin do offer better products than BA so a permanent move makes complete sense.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:04 am

I flew First Class and Business on BA, and Upper Class on VS, last week.

The service on BA was fantastic. BA did forget to offer me a drink after boarding in one of the Business legs; I will forgive them for it :-) The lounges (in London and Hong Kong) were well run and the staff, first-rate. The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow is wonderful - this might be my reason to fly VS Upper Class in the future. The on-board service on VS was exemplary. However, I did find the seats on the VS aircraft hard to operate and a bit narrow.
Scallywag72 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:15 pm

Oh dear (I say in a trembling voice!): looking at Washington to London flights in September in WT+.

BA is showing >$3500 (on all days +-2), although if going via JFK I can whittle this down on BA to about $1900. However, Virgin can offer the same routing for $1200. Sounds a bit of a no-brainer. Both Mrs CKBA and myself have sufficient TPs to maintain our BA status - so we only loose (unnecessary) TPs, some avios and lounge access... . Uhm.... $1400 less for the two of us on VS buys a lot.... .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.