Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOB Snack Trial on Long Haul

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Not to sound overly dramatic but this is really a turning point...
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:06 pm

JUST DO IT ALREADY. Why are they killing us by a thousand cuts. Get it over with, whip out the credit card machine and start serving real food people want to eat.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
This really is beyond the pale. I thought I'd fallen asleep and woken up on 1st April but no. It's no longer a race to the bottom - BA has already started digging out the basement bargain level.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold / O6 Diamond
Seriously?! Gosh BA is really beyond a joke now. One pays a premium to fly BA and still got to pay for snacks. It completely cheapens the brand.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Lunatics are running the asylum
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by mike&co
Lunatics are running the asylum
And once you imagine yourself being in their position, everything suddenly makes perfect sense.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
I'm all for running a perfectly solid business and cost cutting but I'm sure this can be done in a different way. Maybe it would be good to just spin off short haul a bit like LH?

Create a "British Wings" and have feeder flights to long haul destinations with competitive Y/J offerings.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
So, does this mean the club kitchen is to be enhanced away?

My first CW flight is coming up, after J on Sri Lankan and Qatar I was prepared to be disappointed anyway, but this all seems to be getting out of hand.

I am thankful it's a redemption and not a cash fare.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
So within a month, WT pax have had the following changes:

1. No pretzels
2. No cheese and biscuits
3. No second meal on flights under 8h30min
4. No more tuckboxes

Oh, my three upcoming R/T WT flights are not looking fun at all right now. I think it's seriously time to start looking at other options.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:28 pm

Now seems like a good time to bring back some choice quotes from Mr. Cruz in May:

"Am I going to “Ryanair-ise” or “Low-cost-ise” BA? The answer to that is clear – No.”

“The emphasis in recent days has been on things that are punitive [the buy-on-board reports], but we will not look at what others are doing from a product point of view in terms of low-cost."

"But I can tell you something, and I’m intent on this for everything single thing we do. This will be my outrageous over promise. if we do decide to move to a buy-on-board set-up for European short-haul flights, it will be by far the best proposition of any airline that does it."

So...now we have BOB introduced for long haul, and, by my estimate, this is nowhere near the "best proposition of any airline that does it." Welcome to the expensive low cost carrier.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Next months flights in WT+ so not too bad.

I was waiting for the next sale for my Oct flights but I might just book AA now... no loss to BA but it'd a shame such a good airline is turning into ryanair
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's only snacks folks. The railway companies and ferry operators have been doing this ever since I remember. I've always said having vending machines on long haul flights would make sense.

This is the future. ^
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
What we need now is some clever journalists - not just the ones that have come up with clever click bait headlines to the fun sized mars bar story to really go to town on this.

BA - the premium airline - withdraws the second meal. Starves their passengers then tries to sell them crap they'll gladly eat.

Come on Fleet Street!

Have a field day with this!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We already have the strap line.
"To Fly to Starve".
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
What we need now is some clever journalists - not just the ones that have come up with clever click bait headlines to the fun sized mars bar story to really go to town on this.

BA - the premium airline - withdraws the second meal. Starves their passengers then tries to sell them crap they'll gladly eat.

Come on Fleet Street!

Have a field day with this!
The BA 'Cruzification' - that might get some eyes turning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.