Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get from LHR T5 to Yotel in T4

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The Yotel is premium priced for what it is because of being in the terminal, but you have the hassle of getting there from T5 so you may as well just stay at a normal hotel at the airport for less/better room. Or go for the Sofitel in T5.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
I have a similar, but different request on getting from T5 to T4 (Hilton), but in my case I will be arriving on a domestic flight from MAN, and need to get to the T4 Hilton The following day I need to return to T5 for an international flight. Is the best option to use the 482 or 490 bus? I will be HBO in both directions.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Since you are domestic you cannot go airside, which is most unfortunate. So either the bus service, HEX or tube. There isn't much between them, around 30 minutes. I would probably take HEX, unless that TV monitor by the ticket desk says it's 10 or more minutes to the next service. In which case I would U turn back to the tube.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
Thanks C-W-S.

Think Ill take the bus, seems more straightforward.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
When you arrive at T5, follow the purple Flight Connections signs for T4. When the bus arrives at T4, follow the EXIT signs, which will take you to UK immigration. Once clear, pass through Customs and exit, you are now landside on the T4 Arrivals level. Walk past the WH Smith store, then look left and you will see the entrance to the Yotel.
I've been trying to verify that it is possible to take the Flight Connections bus to T4 and then, rather than go through transfer security, clear the UK border instead. Thank you for clearly confirming this. Just to be extra-sure, this is still the case? It hasn't changed in the past two years (e.g., changed so the transfer bus now deposits you somewhere where your only choice is transfer security)?

Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've been trying to verify that it is possible to take the Flight Connections bus to T4 and then, rather than go through transfer security, clear the UK border instead. Thank you for clearly confirming this. Just to be extra-sure, this is still the case? It hasn't changed in the past two years (e.g., changed so the transfer bus now deposits you somewhere where your only choice is transfer security)?

Thanks.
still the same.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
still the same.
When I did a T5>T3 connection recently, there was a boarding pass check before you got to the flight connections area, and another one to make sure you got in the right queue for the right bus.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
When I did a T5>T3 connection recently, there was a boarding pass check before you got to the flight connections area, and another one to make sure you got in the right queue for the right bus.
I am guessing this was in the corridor between domestic and international arrivals, where yes, there is a check required by HAL, to ensure you are indeed connecting or not. It doesn't have to be a boarding card,a travel itinerary PDF is OK.

For the bus area itself, it would be unusual. They do check for AA passengers during the AA peak period since they can do the gate security in T5, but unless you look particularly frail you can normally assume that no-one will intervene. If approached by an AA staff member, saying you are flying with Virgin / Qatar (etc) would do the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.