Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller food changes - crisps only [Bands 2 and 3]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
** Mod note:

This information is valid until January 2017, at which point BA will be introducing Buy on Board for flights from LGW & LHR, with LCY & STN moving to a BOB model from Summer 2017.

Please see here for the discussion on the BOB options.

Examples of what to expect. The descriptions are based on services to/from London Heathrow (LGW/LCY follow the same principle but there may be minor variations to the actual offerings listed below)

Breakfast
Euro Traveller Bands 1, 2, and 3
A filled croissant and orange juice. A vegetarian alternative is also available on request. Service follows with the choice of tea or coffee

Euro Traveller Band 4
Breakfast deli box containing an egg and bacon sandwich, yoghurt pot, and a Lily O’Brien’s chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered

Snack basket
Euro Traveller Bands 1, 2, and 3
Your choice of Island Bakery cookies, Corker’s crisps and Thai Street Food savoury snack will be served with your choice of beverage

Lunch
Euro Traveller Bands 2, and 3
A sandwich will be served with your choice of beverage. Vegetarian option available on request

Rest of the day meal
Euro Traveller Band 4
Drink from the bar followed by Deli box containing a sandwich, dessert pot, cheese and crackers, and a Lily O’Brien’s chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin Gold

I travelled from LGW to FAO yesterday and instead of the usual sandwich / small snack box, we were given a choice of crisps or nuts or a biscuit (i.e. the BA domestic offering). I asked the crew about this and they said that the change had only recently been made and they apologised and acknowledged that the change hadn't been publicised. I was a bit miffed - had I have know I'd have grabbed a sandwich at Pret. As it was, I was starving by the time I arrived!

I wonder if this is going to be replicated across all routes in Europe. I tweeted BA to ask about the change and they replied saying sorry if I was "disappointed" but the snack only option was due to the "very short flight time" on this route (2.5 hours...). Another downgrade, it seems. If they want to scrap free food and drinks across ET I wish they'd just do it, instead of a half-arsed offering! I don't mind buying food and drink either before boarding or on-board like with easyJet, but it would be nice to know in advance so I'm not ill-prepared!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:22 am

I agree. I'd prefer to have the opportunity to spend money on better quality food (that BA could make a healthy margin on). But don't underestimate those (tightwads) who couldn't cope without a free G&T!

It's fairly clear the death by a thousand cuts will end up at BoB, I just wish they'd hurry up and get there.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Same yesterday on a dinnertime Band 3 Spain-LHR flight.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I have had this on Friday's BA706 to Vienna from LHR - for some reason I totally missed the news that those buns and ice buns were eliminated... Already wrote to Customer relations about how unhappy and unappreciated I felt (especially after I tried and hated what they call 'laksa' in T3 GF.)
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I agree. I'd prefer to have the opportunity to spend money on better quality food (that BA could make a healthy margin on). But don't underestimate those (tightwads) who couldn't cope without a free G&T!

It's fairly clear the death by a thousand cuts will end up at BoB, I just wish they'd hurry up and get there.
It was obvious that when they introduced HBO it was as a way to,charge for bags. And now the food reduction is a way to bring in BoB. Free Willie did this before so no surprise and in fact I prefer BoB.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:30 am

Where is this news? I wasn't aware of this.

A 'snack' of that sort on a Band 3 flight is utterly pointless.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:32 am
Original Poster

I haven't been able to find any official news about it, but it seems that it's just been implemented!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Seems catering now withdrawn in mid morning and afternoon b3 flights in economy
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This applies to band 3 in the afternoons. See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26824729-post46.html

and also here and subsequent posts:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27050699-post1130.html

Faro is a very long way to be on a biscuit only service.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
CWS Is there still catering between 9.31-11.59?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
CWS Is there still catering between 9.31-11.59?
I believe so, or rather until 13:59. Hopefully we will get some staff comments.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:56 am

Delete
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:08 am

At least it's still crisps (plural).

Stay tuned for the individually wrapped crisp enhancement...
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SteveF
At least it's still crisps (plural).

Stay tuned for the individually wrapped crisp enhancement...
Ha! Well it's barely a bag as it is. 20g?!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by gazchaps
Ha! Well it's barely a bag as it is. 20g?!
20g? Are you sure that you weren't supposed to share that with the whole row?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.