Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller food changes - crisps only [Bands 2 and 3]

Euro Traveller food changes - crisps only [Bands 2 and 3]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 28, 16, 10:01 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Wiki Link
** Mod note:

This information is valid until January 2017, at which point BA will be introducing Buy on Board for flights from LGW & LHR, with LCY & STN moving to a BOB model from Summer 2017.

Please see here for the discussion on the BOB options.

Examples of what to expect. The descriptions are based on services to/from London Heathrow (LGW/LCY follow the same principle but there may be minor variations to the actual offerings listed below)

Breakfast
Euro Traveller Bands 1, 2, and 3
A filled croissant and orange juice. A vegetarian alternative is also available on request. Service follows with the choice of tea or coffee

Euro Traveller Band 4
Breakfast deli box containing an egg and bacon sandwich, yoghurt pot, and a Lily OíBrienís chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered

Snack basket
Euro Traveller Bands 1, 2, and 3
Your choice of Island Bakery cookies, Corkerís crisps and Thai Street Food savoury snack will be served with your choice of beverage

Lunch
Euro Traveller Bands 2, and 3
A sandwich will be served with your choice of beverage. Vegetarian option available on request

Rest of the day meal
Euro Traveller Band 4
Drink from the bar followed by Deli box containing a sandwich, dessert pot, cheese and crackers, and a Lily OíBrienís chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 15, 16, 10:51 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA) & Sapphire (QR), Star Alliance Gold (O6), SkyTeam Elite Plus (AZ)
I also missed this enhancment When I next fly a B3 Y sector, i'll be sure to leave a comment. How long will the free bar last?
Old Aug 15, 16, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
20g? Are you sure that you weren't supposed to share that with the whole row?
God no! That's for the whole of economy, not just your row!
Old Aug 15, 16, 11:41 am

Programs: BA silver
It's a dangerous game they are playing. Lots of bad publicity already.
Old Aug 15, 16, 11:55 am

This is actually worse than flying Easyjet, where there is at least the option of buying food, rather than going hungry.
Old Aug 15, 16, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Bronze; IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by fiona View Post
It's a dangerous game they are playing. Lots of bad publicity already.
I agree. I don't think the general public would notice many of the enhancements, but removal of the economy meal will certainly be noticed. An on-board meal is a big indicator of a 'proper' airline, along with a baggage allowance. Dicking about with menu options in CW will pass most people by, but removal of food in economy will not.
Old Aug 15, 16, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by Bluebirdnick View Post
I agree. I don't think the general public would notice many of the enhancements, but removal of the economy meal will certainly be noticed. An on-board meal is a big indicator of a 'proper' airline, along with a baggage allowance. Dicking about with menu options in CW will pass most people by, but removal of food in economy will not.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly, The Sun isn't going to publish an article about BA removing the amuse bouche from First and however much it's symptomatic of general declining standards it is very much a frequent flyer pastime to complain about minor changes to premium cabin menus.

However, BA entirely relies on its supposed premium positioning and brand image (quite a lot of the general public still have an impression that BA is somehow more premium than the competition, just look at brand survey results) to sell ET class seats against low-cost carrier SH competition and WT/WT+ against the likes of the ME3 on longer routes. The latest catering changes in SH and LH economy strike me as genuinely damaging to the BA brand with the general public and IAG are going to need to be seeing *a lot* of cost reduction for it to make any sense in my opinion. The LH changes are the worst I think, how exactly are you going to convince the general public not to take DY from LGW when you're offering a not materially superior product at a significantly higher cost? It also makes no sense with BA ramping up the number of direct flights to destinations in the Middle East at the same time as downgrading the product offering against already superior competition.
Old Aug 15, 16, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I wouldn't mind if they offered LCC prices...but they are pretty much always more.

It's comical Ali days at BA.
Old Aug 15, 16, 12:37 pm

I really think they need to stop advertising food as a differentiator on these flights. A packet of crisps/biscuit on a Band 3 is pathetic. If they're not going to offer anything substantial for free, then for goodness sake offer BoB.

Remember that a good number of pax on these flights will be connecting to/from longhaul, most with no lounge access. With the enhancements to both ET and WT, there will be an awful lot of rumbling tummies on BA from now on.

Last edited by Ldnn1; Aug 15, 16 at 12:43 pm
Old Aug 15, 16, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
I took a LCY-FRA flight on Friday evening and (perhaps mistakenly) had thought that a band 2 evening (19:10) departure would get something more than the crisp bag (I've been mainly a CE traveller over the past couple of years, so I may just not have known better). I was wrong. I did wonder if this was a new thing though, the crew announced after t/o that they would be offering "complimentary drinks and foo... err, snacks, in the Euro Traveller cabin".
Old Aug 15, 16, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Yes I've been caught out by this on both LGW-BOD and EGC-LCY recently. On the outbound I thought it was a Gatwick enhancement so I was even more surprised for the return to City.
To Faro is some kind of sick joke.
Old Aug 15, 16, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I don't want to repeat myself, but that truly is a pathetic change. On such a long flight, it frankly makes it utterly useless to choose BA over LCCs. I strongly encourage everyone to complain both onboard and afterwards in the strongest of terms.
Old Aug 15, 16, 1:08 pm

I'm flying LGW to Heraklion soon with a 7am departure. Will that be crisps/biscuits too? If so I'd better bring some food with me.
Old Aug 15, 16, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dpark74 View Post
I'm flying LGW to Heraklion soon with a 7am departure. Will that be crisps/biscuits too? If so I'd better bring some food with me.
That's Band 4 so should receive the breakfast snack box. However all bets seem to be off now so I'd consider backup supplies.
Old Aug 15, 16, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by dpark74 View Post
Perhaps a route-appropriate offering, such as a single Greek olive?
Old Aug 15, 16, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
Perhaps a route-appropriate offering, such as a single Greek olive?
"Greek-style breakfast box"

Search this Thread