Airportr discount for EC members

Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Airportr discount for EC members

Just thinking of using Airportr for an LCY arrival and noticed that they offer the "collect from conveyor" service free for BAEC members - normal cost £10.

Is the service recommended ?

Can anyone provide me with a referral, for a £10 discount for both referrer and referee ? If you can confirm on the thread, I will PM you my e-mail (which I imagine you would need). First to reply with an offer on this thread gets the referral
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
"Collect from conveyor" is only available for domestic flights into LCY as far as I remember.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I have used the service once before at LCY and yes, I would recommend them at LCY.

I pre-booked and walked my bag out to them. They are literally at the entrance as you exit just before you turn right for DLR (so convinently located). They had all the paper work ready and waiting. They just had to attach a very large blue tag with all the paperwork inside the tag. Took about one minute if that. It really does not take long for bags to appear to LCY either.

It works very well if you are sending your bags to a hotel or if there is someone waiting at home.

Although you specific a delivery time band, on the day I used them, they were keen to deliver asap irrespective.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info thus far. Would anyone like to refer me and earn themselves (and me) a £10 credit ?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Thanks for the info thus far. Would anyone like to refer me and earn themselves (and me) a £10 credit ?
I'd also be interested in a referral.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:53 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I used them at LGW and they were pretty reliable. I'd certainly consider using them again.

M
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Used them to drop bags at LHR for delivery to home earlier this year when I was able to short-check bags on an ex-EU from Asia (I was still taking the final leg and wanted to reduce the hassle). Planning on using them again in a few weeks when I have an 8pm flight from LHR on a Friday - much easier trip across London on busy public transport with a small bag only.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: JGC premier
If I'm going to take Uber from LHR to London city, is there any benefit from using the Airprtr service vs. getting the Uber driver to drop me at my destination and then driving to the hotel some 3.2 km, 20 min away to drop off the luggage?

I am flying into LHR to view a theatre show that starts 4 hours after the scheduled arrival time. Factoring in passport control, shower at arrival lounge, quick lunch and time to collect my ticket, i figured I have barely 1 hour to go from LHR to the theatre. A detour to drop off luggage at my hotel before going to Theatre would take extra 20-30 min, so I am contemplating the best way to get my luggage to the hotel.

Also if anyone is willing to refer me, pls pm me

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
If I'm going to take Uber from LHR to London city, is there any benefit from using the Airprtr service vs. getting the Uber driver to drop me at my destination and then driving to the hotel some 3.2 km, 20 min away to drop off the luggage?

I am flying into LHR to view a theatre show that starts 4 hours after the scheduled arrival time. Factoring in passport control, shower at arrival lounge, quick lunch and time to collect my ticket, i figured I have barely 1 hour to go from LHR to the theatre. A detour to drop off luggage at my hotel before going to Theatre would take extra 20-30 min, so I am contemplating the best way to get my luggage to the hotel.

Also if anyone is willing to refer me, pls pm me

Thanks in advance!
I have PM'd you ! I would use the service if I were you, given the potential for late arrival, delays at LHR and the general stress of worrying about the timings on a trip. Also, you may well find that there is no real net cost over the extra cost of the Uber add-on to your hotel, depending how many bags you have and the time of day; esp if you use the £10 discount code !.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: JGC premier
Wow that was quick! thanks, I hope the 10 pound credit works for delivery from LHR too..
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL & GFL, EK Platinum
I've used them a few times to transfer bags from LHR to LGW and vice versa and spent the day in London luggage free. It works great and I'd definitely recommend them!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

I don't get this: I am trying to book now for a transfer from LCY to home in 10 days time I get the warning message "We're super busy so the fastest we can deliver is in 5 hours". That really doesn't work well for me, as it takes me to the last delivery slot of the evening when I will be out.

Surely they can't really be booked up 10 days ahead ? I am only booking so far ahead, because last time I tried to book the day before and got the same message and didn't want to be caught out again.

Is this the norm ? If so, it really reduces the value of the service.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is there still a referral credit scheme? About to use this service for the first time.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:12 am

There is, but if you're having your bags checked in the BA code FIRST25 is going to give you a 25% discount which can be higher.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 710 77345
There is, but if you're having your bags checked in the BA code FIRST25 is going to give you a 25% discount which can be higher.
Thanks 710 77345;28204761, I won't be using the BA check in option so anything off my first booking would be great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.