Search

Flight + Car Bonus Avios Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Flight + Car Bonus Avios Question

Hi all

I'm just trying to figure out if I can have my cake and eat it with a flight & car booking I'm making.

I'm only BA Blue but I have AA EXP status so I'm particularly keen on having my AA status in my reservation to make sure I can select seats when I book. At the same time, however, I'd quite like to earn the extra Avios you get for booking such a package (yes, I'm that greedy ). Do these avios post some short period after booking or, as I strongly suspect, do they only post after the trip (meaning I have to keep my BAEC number in the reservation to get the bonus Avios)?

TIA
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:48 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Use your AA number when booking. Select seats for free, then call to change to your BAEC number. Then show your AA card for lounge access.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:51 am

Don't you have to book with the BAEC account to qualify for the bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.