Wiki Posts
Search

name change - help please!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:07 am
Original Poster

name change - help please!

Hi all,

could you possibly help. have just noticed that my work travel agent has misspelt by one letter one of my middle names on my ticket. I have bought seats online (economy arghhh) so i don't want to lose them..

My advanced passenger information is all correct but one middle name is wrong on the booking. the flight is just about to open for check in.

what should i do? leave it because it'll be ok?

thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
You should leave it. As long as the misspelling doesn't drastically change the name then you may have up to 3 incorrect letters.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm fairly certain an error in the middle name won't matter. First and Last are the ones that count.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I was under the impression that middle names don't 'count'.
Also that spelling mistakes of up to 3 characters are OK.
I will qualify the above statements by saying that I have no personal experience of this type of error (and do not have any middle names !).
I am sure that someone will be along shortly with more knowledge.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Don't ring up about this, just do OLCI and don't bring attention to it at the desk. Everything will be fine, unless you try to change it.

missdimeaner, you have very wise parents!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.