How long for tier points to be applied?

Old May 8, 2013, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
How long for tier points to be applied?

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before. I am wondering how long it takes for tier points to be applied to your account?

On 4 June I am flying Seattle to Washinton DC on AA first class which should, according to the BA calculator award me 210 tier points which would push me into Silver.

Late on 5 June I am flying from DC to London, and am wondering if these points will have been applied and therefore whether I can use the lounge...
Old May 8, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For BA flights they seem to post about a day and a half later. Not sure about AA, but may be longer, so I suspect you will be out of luck. Once posted, it also takes a couple of days for your status to change to Silver.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
My recent AA flights posted the next day. Not sure about the status but I remember when my bf became Gold a few years ago the lounge attendant was able to verify his status through her computer and we got in.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:39 am

Programs: MUCCI
Being able to verify though, requires the system to have updated your status already, which would be at least another day.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes AA are generally quite fast at posting Tier Points, but I don't think this will help in this particular situation. I would expect the TPs to show 1 or 2 days after travel, and indeed a further day or two for your status to update. From what I make out, the speed of this update is inversely related to the desire.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
As c-w-s said above, there is unfortunately no chance that your new status will be in place by 5 June.

Even if the flight posts on the same day and your exec club profile shows > 600 TPs, it will take 2 days for your actual status to be amended and visible to the lounge operators and to you in MMB.

You might try to show them your exec club page and they might allow you access, but technically they should not do so until your status is formally updated..
Old May 9, 2013, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
Thanks for all your help, oh well! You can tell I'm an amateur at all this points stuff! (I am taking the train to seattle and flying back, and knowing this I should have done it the other way around)
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I have basically the same question. The BA app shows Gold (has for 3-4 days), but my BP for a flight early tomorrow morning still says Silver/Sapphire. Will showing my status in the app get me into the Flounge at LHR?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nickerss
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I have basically the same question. The BA app shows Gold (has for 3-4 days), but my BP for a flight early tomorrow morning still says Silver/Sapphire. Will showing my status in the app get me into the Flounge at LHR?
I can't be absolutely certain, but I think you'll be OK for Flounge tomorrow. The agents have a link to the database which I think will show you as Gold if the App says so. Congratulations on getting Gold.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Was in a similar position, flew 14/15 March and the TP's posted on the 19th March, 4 days later. It took 1 further day online to show the change of status (from blue to Silver) and even now wont let me select my seat for the return flight on the 23rd.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Update: was allowed into flounge without any trouble.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Any idea how long it takes Malaysia airlines tier points to post?
​​​​​​
Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Pack
Any idea how long it takes Malaysia airlines tier points to post?
​​​​​​
Thanks.
Recently one of my flights on Malaysia took 2 days to post, the other 3 days to post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.